fishtank15.jpg
alt="">

sps frags

fishtank6.jpg
alt="">

zoa Island

IMG_3559.jpg
alt="">

Hey Ron, I see your selling your 58gal have your started your 130gal ?

@albert wondered out loud and wrote:
Hey Ron said:
Yep...got the fish room almost done. I was gonna break it down....move it over..... set it back up.....build the stand...plumb everything.....transfer stuff over.....then break it down and sell it. Too much work since I only have corals, LR, LS and a bunch of pod's in there, it didn't make sense to do all that. Whew...I'm out of breath just writing about it.

Cheers!

New update -

I haven't had time to work on the doors for the cabinet but I have added a few things into the tank. I'm having a hard time figuring out my lights I don't like the way it looks and it scares me. I posted that I was looking for some pendants and the search continues.

here's some recent pictures last night. I added about 100lbs of liverock to my tank.

left side -
IMG_3773.jpg
alt="">

right side - the top rock has some hair issues but thats the reason I got it cheap. my turbos and nubi are working on it.
IMG_3774.jpg
alt="">

I also made the jump to swing with the big boys . I made my first couple of rounds buy sps frags. I still have my training wheels though.

this has glowing green tint spots all over it ?

IMG_3763.jpg
alt="">

purple tips -

IMG_3784.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3793.jpg
alt="">

Added a few things from the frag swap first time in awhile I have been able to set back and watch my tank.

cap & unknown sps
IMG_4103.jpg
alt="">

zoa island - AOG, Bam-Bam's , Marc's Yellows , Pink Bubble Gums ( closed can't really see left hand corner ) , Mean Greens , and 2 other green skirt and orange centers they have a name but I can't remember what it is.

IMG_4092.jpg
alt="">

Gbta -

IMG_4091.jpg
alt="">

I have been real picky with this tank. I am only buying out of the ordinary zoa's. All of these started from a few polyps from members.

Looks nice Albert. Can I have your powder brown and majestic? PLEASE!!! Just kidding. They are very beautiful. Nice zoos too! Good luck with the clown tang.

Angela

nice zoas Albert :lol: time to get yourself some blues eh?

the one on the right is dragon eyes. the middle is eagle eyes

Angela - I will frag them both for you when the time comes. I'm going to try the sherman method ( a sharp knife ) :lol: So far so good with the clown tang he gave m a scare but were keeping our fingers crossed.

Michelle - I knew you would know since I bought most of them from you. Yeah I sure do need some blue ones ... hint ... hint .

Who has blue zoos?

If your referring to the blues I HAD a stupid Red Sea Sailfin ate them a long time ago along with all my other zoos.

Angela

Michelle had some at the frag swap I was just out of money by the time I got around to her table.

Time for update - 10/22/07

Well it's been awhile since I have updated this thread unfortunately it's not all good news.

This tank has given me more problems than any other tank I have had in the past. I just can't get this tank going for long periods of time. Everything looks great for a couple of months and then bam something goes and back to square 1.

** BAD NEWS
I lost every zoa frag I had in my tank plus all my sps frags awhile back. I saved a few by pulling them out and having another member take care of them for me.

** Good News
I didn't lose any fish which to my wife is the most important part. Plus without the fish she probably grip about how much money did you spend on what. I buy a fish for her and 3 corals for me. Keeps everyone happy.

I have been buying equipment here there if I can find a good deal. Thanks to Yuki I got a hold of some knock off Lumerics and spent Saturday building the frame for them. I finally pulled my old light set up which to say the least was a fire hazard and installed the new ones. I took a few pictures but my camera died before I could take pictures of them above the tank.

here's the frame and the new reflectors -

CIMG0003.jpg
alt="">

frame -
CIMG0001.jpg
alt="">

CIMG0002.jpg
alt="">

Really , no clue on what caused the ph swing and what caused the sps to just melt away.

Mark and Saj , had about the same idea that I need more flow which I will upgrade here in the future. Will see I may just hold out for awhile from my calculations the tank has been running since March-April of 07. So right around 7 months and may need more time to get running right. Plus I have been adding this remove that back and forth so I plan just to leave it alone and see what happens.