180gal build thread .. updated 10/22/07

Haven't been able to anything to the stand yet. I've been playing with my plumbing and trying to figure out how to plumb the calcium reactor I bought this weekend. It's easier to access with two open sides to reach into.

I took some new pictures will load them up in a minute. Hopefully I can start on the stand by the end of the week.

Quick update -

I had to slow down on the tank due to some property issues that I own. I have a house I am remolding to sell and most of my free time and money is being sucked up there.

I havent really done anything but alittle aquascape - this is 100 lbs of live rock need another 100lbs or so
9.jpg
alt="">

this is the sand from the group buy -

14.jpg
alt="">

picture of the skimmer at work -

5.jpg
alt="">

Few more -

Here is the surface and movement - I want to add 2 #4 pumps once there back in stock everyone is sold out or backorder'd
4.jpg
alt="">

I put a tee and have 4 pipes to work with instead of 2 -
3.jpg
alt="">

Finally just to show how these darn thing will survive in anything I have an aptasia ( spelling ? ) on 1 piece of live rock. I have a NO light over the tank just to give me light to work.
13.jpg
alt="">

Okay time for an update - 04-11-07

I had time to start on my stand I went with an oak trim. I will end up staining it a walnut cherry. My wife ordered a few pieces of funiture for the livingroom so I have to match the rest of the room.

Picture of the oak skin I am adding to the tank.
IMG_3456.jpg
alt="">

I also added about 60lbs of liverock and made a few islands let me know what you think on my aquascape.
IMG_3466.jpg
alt="">

here's another view - I want to add maybe a 2-3 medium pieces to each island to make them taller but will see. leaning toward some marshall island rock
IMG_3452.jpg
alt="">

I added a few things to the tank since I started to break down my 29gal at work.

Livestock now includes -

2 -Regal tangs
1- Foxface
2- F. Clowns
1- Royal Gramma
1- Yellow Head Jawfish
1- Coral Beauty
1 - Unknown Goby

Corals -
3 Headed Hammer
1 Tiny GBTA
1 Devils Hand
1 Cabbage Leather
1 Purple Gorgian
1 Kenya Tree Frag

IMG_3457.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3460.jpg
alt="">

looking good, starting to come together, keep us updated, im doin a 180 just like it in august, i cant wait...btw, wut kind of switching unit is that?

here you go I bought it from this place -

http://shop.vendio.com/progearwarehouse/item/766729240/index.html

I haven't been able to make my power box yet. I hooked it up just to play with it.

ok, kewl, thanks, that is the one i have seen elsewhere, i just thought yours was different, looked like blue switches and more than 8 plugs....new pics look good, ive been wanting to do a fan but i think my eel would destroy it.

Yeah , mine is blue buttons and silver casing.

here's mine - http://shop.vendio.com/progearwarehouse/item/766729822/index.html

Had some free time this Sunday and decided to do some work on the tank. I finally put the marble counter top on and filled the holes I drilled into the oak I am using to skin the tank.

I still need to sand the the doors and place them on the stand. I am going to home depot today to buy the trim going around the tank. Hopefully be finished with the stand by this weekend. Need to start on the canopy next.

Here's some pic's -

Marble top in it's place finally this thing was heavy !
IMG_3474.jpg
alt="">

left side - I still need to work on my crease on the marble top.
IMG_3483.jpg
alt="">

I love the edging they did on the top.
IMG_3482.jpg
alt="">

Thanks , If and when I do get it all done I don't know what I am going to do then. It's taking longer than I thought . I'm just happy to have that halide glimmer back in the living room.

Sad day , I had my first lost yesterday. I went to Exotic Aquatic last week for his sale and purchased 2 Regal Tangs. Well, one just wouldn't eat I tried garlic , turning the lights out and feeding when I first got them.

This is why I usually buy from hobbyist only.

@albert7753 wrote:
Sad day said:
Albert, I found a way to combat that situation where the tangs will not eat. If you have small regal that is less than 2", you may want to setup a small container to keep them in where you hand feed the tang in the main display. I have been very successful in this method where the basket has holes in it and a piece of live rocks for the regal to hide. Srry to hear your loss.

Not , much to report . I added clean up crew 100 astrea's , 100 cerths. I also started my canopy and here's my design I am trying to build.

canopybuild.jpg
alt="">

The middle section will be the only part to move. I don't know if I want it to go up or just come off completely.

I also added the sockets and ballast to run my 250's. Started the wiring and hopefully tonight get the halides going.

Have my Friday night planned.

Yep , picked it from another member about 2 wks ago, hasn't picked at anything I can tell.