112 Rimless 48X30X18

The rose is still hiding a bit ... I moved the rock so he gets a little light ...
Still bleached out but seems a little better each day ...

Tips are red .... Foot pink ...

I think he is going to make it ...

Keep waiting and watching ...

I'll update when he is out if the woods for sure ..

Here I go...

I am working on 40 Gallon Sump that will increase my refugium Area .. Realizing i have a 30 now ....

this will do a few things for me..
The tank overflow area will be larger to calm the water before the Skimmer area ...
It will be easier for me to put a sock in place ...

Also the Refugium area due to the 40 breeder footprint will be larger...

I am hoping this improves the over all health of the tank. NOT that it is not solid now... I just want to improve the sump/refuge area for maintenance reasons.. Which in turn will improve the overall quality of the tank.

Got all the baffles cut and polished for 40 bucks ..
now i am just waiting for the 40 breeder to dry good ...

My 40 Gal breeder
I took out all the acrylic partitions it had and got glass cut

Soaked the tank in Vinegar water .... and cleaned it up ..

Then went to work... I am not done yet... have a few more things to add ... BUT while the Silicone drys i figured it would be a good time to update post.

After measuring and ten placing the skimmer into the new tank i then marked the outside with Tap were my baffles would be..
Then used my handy dandy tools to put the glass in ...

[attachment=2]005.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]006.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]008.JPG[/attachment]

i of course had both ends mapped out before i started and worked from the inside out to the ends..

The tank output will be going to the section i put before the skimmer and i used a glass partition to isolate the 2
this should help me with maintenance and bubbling water..

The arrow is pointing to the baffle in place which i placed about 1/2 inch above the first baffle.
In my mind the over flow of the water will go to the Refugium ...

while the bulk will be going into the skimmer area..

[attachment=0]012.JPG[/attachment]

I also built a platform for the skimmer and placed it so that the movement is eliminated by the tank ...
The blue line represents a peace of egg crate i will be adding so that i can put in live rock rubble of other filter media and again isolate it from the skimmer area.
[attachment=1]011.JPG[/attachment]

The return section ... note the last baffle is lower to reduce the water flow causing air to be introduced into the return area and therefore the tank.

I still have my ATO to install... then i need to clean it up again...
[attachment=1]013.JPG[/attachment]

The overall look of the 36" long breeder Sump ...
And soon to be my new 40 Gallon Sump ...

It only increases my water volume by 10 Gallons BUT it gives me the operation of isolation and increases my refugium area ... And the foot print increase allowed me to improve my flow and isolation how i wanted it...

[attachment=0]015.JPG[/attachment]

I AM DONE!!!!!!
I got up .. drank my coffee and went to work...
I do not have room for the ATO so i ran the line to outside the stand behind the chiller..

If you look close you can see just how much more of a foot print the 40 has compared to the 30 Gallon I had.. .

Water cloudy for now.. and i will need to watch for a cycle.. But due to the Additions i made which were available due the foot print the filters should do the trick quickly
Also note My Sump/refuge sand bed is 6 " deep now .. about 3Xs as deep as the old one which will help long term..

I have taken my chiller out for now .... SO i will need to monitor the water temp but I have not used it for a while after the LED install ..

BEFORE
[attachment=1]before.jpg[/attachment]

AFTER
[attachment=0]after.jpg[/attachment]

looks great!

the only recommendation I have is to block the light to the skimmer, the light will grow coraline algae inside of it. I don't know if it will affect the skimming but I know from experience that it will be a pita to clean once it builds in there.

Here is a pic of my skimmer that I ran for about a year and inside is covered in coarline just would wipe it out once every few months. Never affected performance.

I bought a new skimmer and would like to block the light but not sure I will be able to.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386372427.801878.jpg[/attachment]

Sent from inside the shark tank!