Search results

1. T

RBTA FYI

For specific info on RBTA and other anemones, found this site on Reef Central. The author lives in East Texas. Do any of the "Ole" timers know if she is still active? http://www.karensroseanemones.com
  2. T

Breeding Mandarins

Thought this was extremely interesting. Hope I typed the link correctlly. http://www.marinebreeder.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1963
  3. T

Bubble tip Aneneme Getting a little close

Yes. It's the price one pays for keeping an anemone in a reef tank. They will roam.
  4. T

Tank Raised Clowns & Anemones

Just heard from "Lacybiker200" aka Susan from Alto, TX. She had bought a clown from me and one from Frank Perkins. I've seen it posted here and on Reef Central that tank raised clowns are reluctant to host in anemones. Her 2 clowns had been in her tank 3 days when the male, Frank's tank...
  5. T

PREDATORY SNAIL?

Found this "snail" in my 60g stuck in side a large turbo, which is probably a pretty good indication it is a predator. Is anyone familiar with it? Is it asexual, and therefore a good chance there are/will be more?
  6. T

Clown Fish Results

After almost 3 years of posting, I'm finally going to try to attach some pictures of recently hatched clown fish. Hope this works. The first pic is of the 2nd hatch of approximately 30 on 8/2. They won't stay still enough to count. Second pic is of first hatch and of 4 of 8 that survived...
  7. T

Predator Vortec

Am I the only one losing critters to a Vortec? So far in under one year of use, I've lost 2 Linkias, a mandarin, a peppermint, and last night, a big long nose butterfly. There has to be a way to better protect our tank inhabitants.
  8. T

Need suggestions: how to diffuse light from new reflectors

After a severe case of procrastination, I'm finally going to complete retro fit of canopy using luminarc reflectors. I've been told that the reflectors will dramatically increase the light intensity into the tank to the point that corals can be bleached, especially those mounted near the top. I...
  9. T

Fish Trap Available

I recently had to get a Polanni (sp?) Tang out of my 215 that was kicking the heck out of a recently introduced Achilles. He was also resbonsible for the demise of a Coppeer Band and an Orange Line Tang . Thought a bigger Achilles would put him in place. I immediately went out and purchased a...
  10. T

unidentified organism

I'm not sure if y'all will be able to identify what's in my tank without a picture, but I'll try my best. I just noticed something on one of my rocks that looks like a small stomatella, but it doesn't move. It's pink/red in color, about 1/2" long. The reason I say it looks like a stomatella...