Search results

1. K

Sand

Where can I find southdown sand?....
  2. K

Overflow Question

Does any one know If two 1" U-Tubes will increase the flow into a single out put hang on overflow...the drain is 1" also?.....ANy help will be appreciated.
  3. K

Lyretail Anthias

Does anyone have avy experienxe w/ Lyretail Anthias....are they problematic I have 4.....I got them today from Liveaqueria.com.....I did my research on htem before I purchased them...but I wanna know if any one has any....they sem to be doin' fine in my 55 gal. but...you never know.... :D
  4. K

Fuge Problem

I just set up my fuge about 3weeks ago I have some sea grass and sand in it....and two pieces of live rock.....now I have hair algae and cyno growing in there also....is this normal....should I get rid of my sand and go w/ live rock rubble....whats the best set up for a fuge :?:
  5. K

Closed loop question

Is 1.5" pvc too big a daimeter for the return section of my closed loop....should I go down to 1.25" or even 1"....when I had my sqwd hooked up....I didnt have the problem of this fizzing sound comming from my mag 12...any one have or had this problemshould I redo my plumbing i would hate too do...
  6. K

Refugium lighting

Where is the best local DIY source for refugium lighting?.....
  7. K

Boiling Live Rock

Does any one know how long boiling live rock should be.....is it two weeks or two days w/o light?....I have a heater and a power head going for circulation.....
  8. K

closed loop qwestion

Im putting together a closed loop w/ a mag 12 which has a 3/4" output opening..... I know I have to double the sise or thr return plumbing but do I also have to double the intake plumbing also.......If any one has any insight into this feel free to reply....thanx :!:
  9. K

Plumbing Qwery

Can anyone tell me if 3/4" thin wall pvc gonna effect the flow of a mag 12 on a closed loop systen @ 4' hp....will the plumbing dia. be too small for the input/output of the mag 12 since it i/o dia. is also 3/4"?.....
  10. K

Flow questions

Good afternoon.....I have a delema!, is Mag 12 or 1200 gph too much flow for a 55 gal? I know there is gonna be some flow loss onthe way up to the tank. the sump consists of 30 long sump and finally does anyone have any ideas on a return flow set up?....Any coments, considerations and confusions...