Search results

1. J

Need good home for my dogface puffer

I have a dogface puffer approximately 11-12 inches long. It has been in my tank for approximately 3 years and I had an electrical problem which forced me to remove all the fish. I transferred it into my 55 gallon tank which is way to small. I'm looking to find a good home for it. It requires a...
  2. J

Is this normal?

Is this growth on my love rock normal or is it something to be worried about? alt=""> Jason
  3. J

Adding tangs continued

I have a yellow tang about 3.5" in qt since Saturday. I added a blonde naso tang today about 6" and immediately noticed aggression. I ran to the computer and printed pictures of a pbt and a few other tangs and taped them on the glass. The aggression is non existent. alt=""> alt=""> Thanks...
  4. J

Adding tangs

Do tangs always need to be added in groups or could you put one in now and possibly 3-4 later so if there was aggression it would be spread out Jason
  5. J

White spots in return ?

Any idea of what these could be from? alt=""> Jason
  6. J

Hyposalinity treatment?

I have noticed what I believe to be ich. Very frustrating! I have a dogface puffer and a small bi color angel which are swimming perfectly normal and eating but as I've read it seems as if copper in a qt has long term effects on a puffer and angels are semi sensitive to copper. It seems like...
  7. J

Wrasse compatability????

I was looking into getting some wrasses for my 210 fowlr tank. I was wondering if someone could give me a link or done advice. Here's what I'm looking at: Blue head wrasse Dragon wrasse Green bird wrasse Banana wrasse Sixbar wrasse I also want to add a few tangs in the future but I'm not sure...
  8. J

Refugium and pods????

I have read different articles on the flow in a refugium. Is it better to have high flow or just enough movement so you don't have stagnant water. Do you have to introduce pods or will they establish themselves? Thanks for your help and experience!!!! Jason
  9. J

Refugium clean up crew?

What does everybody have for a clean up crew in their refugium? I have cyano which I'm thinking might be partially due to not enough flow, but then I started wondering about clean up crews.... Jason
  10. J

How high can fish jump?

Building a canopy for a fish tank, making sure to keep it so the fish can't jump out, I starting wandering will they jump on the middle divider or how high before they can jump out of the top. I have a watchman goby and want to get a wrasse but don't want them to commit suicide. alt=""> Need...
  11. J

Help ID this algae please!

Can somebody point me in the direction of a link as to what this might be? It looks like a dirty sponge maybe only in a few places. It's kinda dirty green. I would hate to leave it alone and not take care of it, if it's a nuisance. I haven't found a good match on google. alt=""> Jason
  12. J

Setting up a qt tank

Before I set this up do I just need tank, water, pump, and sponge from my dt? Can I use the sponge from my dt and replace it with a new sponge? Anybody see any problems here? Jason
  13. J

New tank & ich

I have a new fowlr tank that I believe to be cycled. I've been reading a lot about ich and I already added 2 damsels from Petco as I felt like there wouldn't be a problem with aggression as I'm looking to get semi aggressive fish. Now I'm wondering if those 2 damsels could have brought ich into...
  14. J

Torch corals?

I have some hammer corals and frogspawn and was thinking about looking for torch corals but I realized I haven't seen many if any at all on the trading block. I was wondering if there is a reason and why? Are they not sight after? Jason
  15. J

Gold rimmed surgeonfish and yellow tang

Are these two fish compatible in a 210 if introduced at the same time? Jason
  16. J

To much foam!

I have a new tank with a new skimmer and the tank is about 3 days into thinking about starting to cycle. I put some bio spira in it maybe to help start the process. I also added a lot of dry rock. Not sure what is causing the massive foam or if it will settle on its own. Is this normal? alt="">...
  17. J

Help ID rock please

I have some dry rock that I was wondering what kind it is. It's denser than Fiji. alt=""> Jason
  18. J

Nori around mesquite

Does anybody know a place that is close to mesquite to buy nori? Jason
  19. J

New rock with green hair algae

I got some rock that has a lot of zoas and Gsp, the downside is GHA. I would like to save the zoas but I don't want to introduce algae into my tank. What advice do y'all have for a newbie? Jason
  20. J

Sand? Where & how much

In setting up a 210 gallon tank, how much sand would be a good starting point and where is a place to buy it at a good-descent price? The tank is 72 by 24 deep Jason