Search results

1. C

Bored....

Anyone else ever get bored with their tank? I may be in the minority here as everyone strives to get to the point to where their their aquarium is stable and pretty much in auto pilot, but ever since I got to that point I'm starting to lose interest. I'm packed to the brim and literally can't...
  2. C

Apex program for BRS dosing pumps

I know there are a lot of members controlling BRS dosers with their APEX, anyone mind sharing your programming for me to tweak?
  3. C

Your favorite upgrade of 2014?

Did you get new lights? Maybe spring for one of those new fancy Gyre power heads? As for me, my best upgrade was replacing the eshopps psk-150 skimmer that came with my tank package with a reef octopus 110int. Although technically rated for a smaller tank than the psk150, the reef octopus is...
  4. C

Well water affect on DI resin

So the new house is running on well water and it's apparently doing a number on my RODI unit. I don't have a TDS unit to test the tap water but it's 37 after the sediment and carbon filters and 6 after the DI, all with brand new filters. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Should I add a...
  5. C

Stressed about moving...

So we just bought a bigger house and will be moving about 10 miles down the road from where we are now. I've read many articles, blog posts, and watched countless YouTube videos on the subject of moving a reef tank but I'm still stressing due to the horror stories I've read about tanks cycling...
  6. C

Thanks for nothing.....

That awkward moment when the emerald crabs you put in the tank to eat the bubble algae.... Start growing bubble algae... alt="">
  7. C

Questions on retrofitting a fixture with LEDs

I have a 36" Current-USA Sunpod fixture w' 2x 150w HQI and 4x 39w T5HO bulbs. There are also three small panels with moonlight LEDs. The idea is to replace the very dim blue/white moonlight LEDs with something more powerful to provide the actinic lighting and discontinue the use of the T5 bulbs...
  8. C

Help choosing a pendant

I'm currently running a 36" outer orbit fixture with 2x 150w HQI (reeflux 12k) and 4x 39w T5 (ATI Blue+) bulbs. I bought it used a couple years ago and it has served me well. After replacing the ballasts once and the fans multiple times it's time to get something new for the tank rather than...
  9. C

Algae ID

This has taken over my refugium. Any ideas what it is? Good/bad? alt="">
  10. C

Acro "breathing"?

What is this? There are tiny strings it extends and retracts rhythmically, almost as if it's breathing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUFiC9jdCQE
  11. C

Algae ID?

A buddies tank has become overrun with this stuff. Any ideas on what type of algae it is and if anything eats it? He has no snails or cuc in a 120 and his phosphates are high. I recommended adding snails/hermits and running phosban. Any other ideas? alt=""> alt=""> alt="">
  12. C

Zoa pests??

I have a few frags that have closed up for a couple weeks now. Decided to take them out and give them a scrub and dip to rule out pests. I found what looked like tiny reddish brown worms coming off of the frags. Couldn't get a good pic because they're so small. Any ideas? Could these be what are...
  13. C

Fin rot or harassment?

alt=""> alt=""> Today is the first time I've noticed damage to the tail and I haven't seen any other fish picking on it. No other fish exhibit any type of fin damage. Have had the fish for 2 years and haven't introduced any new tank mates in almost a year. Tankmates: Purple tang Pair of...
  14. C

LFS in Fort Lauderdale

Any must-visit LFS in the Fort Lauderdale/West Palm area?
  15. C

Should I frag it?

Have noticed the underside of this guy receding over the past several weeks. Should I cut it up now or hold off a bit and hope it stops? alt=""> alt="">
  16. C

Like my new hat?

alt=""> Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  17. C

Coral ID

Can someone tell me what this is so my kids will stop calling it the "red rocket"? alt="">
  18. C

Apex Question

Anyone else notice that the Apex will not boot with the Ethernet cable plugged in? I have to unplug the Ethernet cable, unplug the apex unit, wait for the status light to go green and then plug back in the Ethernet cable. Both of my units exhibit this behavior.
  19. C

What is this??

On flashlight patrol and noticed this growth on the base of my trach. It's not on the coral itself but growing out of the coralline. alt=""> alt="">
  20. C

Coral ID

Forget what type of SPS this is. I was thinking digitata but the growth pattern doesn't look like any of the pics I can find. New growth is pink, green, orange, and blue. alt="">