Search results

1. S

torch coral growth

Lights just came on and I noticed this growth from the bottom head of one of my torches. Will it simply fall off and start a new head? I noticed two mouths from that head as well...
  2. S

Refugium Life!

Refugium Life: http://youtu.be/uXw8VRa5zLY
  3. S

Dry Dead Rock thoughts

I have about 20 lbs of dry rock I want to add to my sump. Well I tried to add it previously. I bleached it then dried it out then used a freshwater soak with chlorine remover. Then dried it out again. Well added it to the sump and it went south quickly. Had to remove it all. I would think it...
  4. S

Dang nabbit DIAMOND GOBY

Yep, jumped in the Diamond Goby bandwagon and this little fool worker clouded my tank within 30 minutes of getting comfortable. Is it even worth it? Ugh!
  5. S

Hungry Astrea Star

Finally got a couple of shots of proof that my Astrea Stars can and will partake in ZOA/Polyps for a late night snack. Notice the before and after shots. The polyps are below the Yuma Shroom on the lower part of the plug. With the lights off you can see the Astreas covering the polyps, slowly...
  6. S

Display tank, refugium, ADDITION SUMP advice?

OK, here we go. I currently run a 29 gallon display tank with an overflow hob to a 10 gallon refugium with chaeto and rubble. Return pump is a Rio 1200 that I honestly have to back off using a valve. . I soooo want to add an additional plastic tub of around 30 gallons with live rock and a...
  7. S

long gha post/problem....

About to pull my hair out... But before I do that, I need help with this dang green hair algae. I've been reefing for over 6 years and never had this problem (as bad). I'll admit, I haven't been water testing cuz every time I do, my levels are safe or close to it. (yes I know gha can make...
  8. S

Penguin Powerhead 1140 Flow Rate

Ok, I've tried to position this darn power head every way I can to slow down the flow. It's rated at 350gph, but it's just one powerful son of a twitch! Is there any possible remedy (besides buying a new pwh)? I've considered a Hydor Deflector, trimming the impeller, pre sponge filter, etc. I...
  9. S

29 Gallon Long T5/Led Combo Question

Currently running a retrofit 4 bulb T5 combo with an IceCap 660 over my 29 gallon long. It's more than enough light but i want to remove two of the T5's and run LEDs in the center of the canopy. Any suggestions on color combo's? I want to run actinics as the T5's but can't decide on which LEDs...
  10. S

new aquascape (29 gallon)

Trying a new aquascape. What do you guys+gals think? I want to carpet that huge flat piece on the right side of the tank with green star polyps.. Hopefully! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NasR489XTE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  11. S

Sump/Refugium Evaporation?

Finally got my sump tuned correctly (insert headache) in my 29 gallon dt/10 gallon sump. I have a level marked off for safe drainage in the sump. But being my first time actually using a sump I've noticed evaporation happening quickly. Is this normal? I have to top off almost every day to keep...