Search results

1. K

RO unit

Ok ... I have a Kent system... and I just bought all new filters and membrane... 75gpd... My question is this... I have a pressure gauge and I have a valve to regulate the exit waste water... if I close it the pressure will go up and it will make water faster... ie... 60psi will make more water...
  2. K

Flatworms

So I have flat worms... small brownish gold ones.... I bought a yellow coris wrasse, a melanarus wrasse and a spotted mandarin... this should take care of the problem.... any thoughts???
  3. K

Clear tubing

Where can I buy the hard clear tubing?... I want to syphon out flat worms... I have the clear flex tubing... just need a 24" hard piece...
  4. K

membranes

where is the best place to buy one??? Cheap?
  5. K

Calcium Reactor Media

How do you know when to change it??? It seems like the ph insinde the reactor is having a hard time dropping to 6.5... could this be old media?
  6. K

Chalice feeding?

I know this may sound strange... but I have never seen a chalice eat before... I have had a frag of watermellon in my tank for a couple of weeks and this morning I saw it eating... very cool!
  7. K

Acro tips bleaching...

They are turning white... levels are good...alk little high 11 but all else are good... is this the lighting? I have been doing weekly water changes... alll other corals are fine...
  8. K

Snails

This may sound like a stupid question but... what do you do with dead snail shells... I buy 200 snails 2x year and it seems like several roll over and get eaten by crabs... do you leave the shells or do you pull them all out... I bet I have 200 in the bottom of my tank!
  9. K

Kraig's 210 build

Bought the tank tonight from Mitch off this board... Great looking tank. Picking up Sunday... Stay tuned! Any offers for a 150-210 transfer help in a couple of weeks?
  10. K

MRC 2 Skimmer

I am running this unit and have it plumbed outside of the tank... was told it needs to be above the sump water level... it worls great, but I would like it under the tank... anyone running this unit? If so please shoot some pictures of how it is plumbed...
  11. K

Over flows on the ends

I am looking at a new tank 225 gallon 72”W x 24”D x 31”H but... the over flows are in the middle on the ends... anyone have a tank like this? Any thoughts good or bad??? I don't want to spend a bunch of money and end up not liking it in 6 months...
  12. K

dKH and Calcium Reactor?

ok... dKH is at 13... ph 8.22 all else is good.... calcium 420-440... do I need to slow co2 and effluent drip?
  13. K

Electric solenoid

Do the LFS here sell them.... For calcium reactors.... How much should I pay?
  14. K

inline ph probe holder

Where can I get one? If I can get the fitting for the probe I can make the rest...
  15. K

Calcium Reactor Help

when the feed pump is running and the co2 is off... recirc pumpm running to leak check... and water is coming out the effluent out valve... is anything going into the tank? Marc has said he ran his for a couple of days before turning on the co2... so is this ok?.... if you have a calcium reactor...
  16. K

sand?

do you have to have sand in your fuge? If I have nothing rooting, why do I need it?
  17. K

PM calcium reactor

I need the lines that go to the reactor from the maxjet 1200 and I need the hose from the reactor back to the tank... The fittings are there but no hose... I can post pics if needed.... Do these hoses just plug in like the tds meter?
  18. K

replacement Bulbs MH

Where is the best place to buy them... is there still that place in Lewiville by Garden Ridge and 35?
  19. K

Nitrates Very High...

Ok I have a 150 gal with 40 gal sump... 200lbs of rock... nitrates are over 60 ppm.. I did a 30 gal change yesterday and will do another tonight.... I know the cause... my daughter 8... decided to feed the fish for the past 2 weeks and not tell me... she was trying to help... what else can I do...
  20. K

Urchin???

Do Urchins eat zoas? I think mine is....