Search results

1. S

Apex LSM intensity?

I have an LSM for the apex with 2 lunar leds but it is to intense for my nano tank. Is there any way do lower the intensity so a new moon doesnt look like my blue leds are on full blast?
  2. S

New Apex coming out?

I was just about to bite the bullet and get the apex but during my research i read a few rumors that they may come out with a new one in the near future. Has anyone heard anything about this. Id hate to get a controller onlyh to be outdated as soon as i got it. Thanks
  3. S

Temp Probe Calibration

Does anyone know where to get a really accurate temp sensor so I can calibrate my probes? Thanks
  4. S

Anyone have extra natural white leds?

Im looking for one or two natural or warm white leds. I can buy or trade for new rb or cool white luxeons. I just want to experiment a little without having to make a big order. thanks
  5. S

Shmoopy's Growout Tank

Its about time I started a thread on my current growout system. Notice its not a build thread since the tanks have been running for a couple of years already. The purpose of these tanks is to grow frags into colonies for my display tank that I will be setting up once I move. I plan on moving...
  6. S

UV bulb life?

How long is a UV bulb good? Specifically the flourecent ones that go in the turbotwists. Is there a local surplus lighting placve that sells these? Thanks
  7. S

Coral ID?

Has anyone seen whats growing on my sypodium rock? It looks like a fungia but it doesnt have a central mouth and it grows in folds like a brain... Thanks alt="">
  8. S

Any network masters around?

I am trying to set up my net module for my reefkeeper and im having trouble with bridging my old laptop that i have set up for fish tank duty. If there is anyone who know networking i will gladly pay with cash or frags for help setting up my system, thanks alot
  9. S

Anything eat red hair algae?

Does anyone know of anything that eats red hair algae. I have a few problem spots that i cant seem to get rid of.... It actually out grows my gsp whish i thought was impossible. thanks
  10. S

Anyone have a name for these?

These are amazing but i have no idea on a name or lineage.... any help would be appreciated alt=""> alt="">
  11. S

I wish my coral grew this fast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I69isSS1TvI&NR=1 <pre><code>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I69isSS1TvI&NR=1</code></pre> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I69isSS1TvI&NR=1
  12. S

Which calcium reactor?

I am looking for a calcium reactor, i have the bottle, reg and controller but need the reactor itself. Does anyone have any opinions of the ones currently on the market? are there any i should avoid? Thanks
  13. S

Rio pump explosion

Well i got home from work yesterday to find a main return pump had exploded. It smelled terrible like burnt plastic and ozone.. All my coral is sucked in and my montiporas all look bleached. When i reached in to get the pump out there was full current running through my tank, way too much for...
  14. S

Frag tank CUC and fish?

Just setting up a frag tank and was wondering what would be the best clean up crew and fish to keep the racks and frags clean. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with diffrent fish? Thanks