Search results

1. C

seek Aquashella volunteers to help hobby club booth

Do we know about the parking - is it free or paid?
  2. C

seek Aquashella volunteers to help hobby club booth

Count me in for Saturday A.M through most of the day. I've already purchased a ticket for Sunday; you can always flag me down if you are short on people.
  3. C

Thanksgiving Reminder

Hello and happy start to the holidays everyone! Just a reminder - as many of us will have guests in our homes who are unfamiliar with the hobby. Remember to tell kids and adults alike that nothing should be placed in or around our tanks. Our fish like flake and frozen not turkey and Merlot...
  4. C

Reef aquariums made GMA this morning..

A warning from the CDC / warning about Palyotoxin poisoning. https://gma.yahoo.com/video/aquarium-coral-releases-poison-could-115719215.html
  5. C

Be as critical as you like...

It has been a while since my last new tank... Almost 6 years.. I recently picked up a Red Sea Reefer 250. My equipment is as follows: 2 x MP10WQD 2 x AI Pirme 1 Bubble Magus G5 Skimmer 1 Aqua Maxx Omega 1 BioPellet Reactor Sicce Syncra Silent 4.0 Eshopps dosing pump This is going to be an...
  6. C

4th times a charm?? God I hope so...

I caught this guy (a polyclad flatworm) trying to make a meal out of a large turbo snail.. I have removed 4 from my tank so far.. I caught one on a rock,one on a cake urchin,one on my mine urchin and now this one... I hope my crocea clam is finally safe... uploadfromtaptalk1347590084693.jpg...
  7. C

Mine Urchin

Does the fact that this pencil/mine Urchin has a star on its top make it special? I went to one lfs and they were selling for an elevated price.. Went to another and it was priced just like any other.. I know that they are not entirely reef safe but, I really like urchins...
  8. C

High Phosphate

As many know, I have had a problem with high phosphates due to improper rinsing of food and some over feeding of my tank... The levels were as high as 1.33 ppm as tested with a Hanna checker. I just checked and now they are .05 ppm. I wanted to share some of what I have learned in just the past...
  9. C

Talk about a "why didn't I think of that" product..

I saw this when I was doing my morning "reefsite" surfing.. What a brilliant idea: http://precisionwerkzaquatics.com/rigid%20filter%20sock.html
  10. C

1" Bulkhead to 3/4" flex drain pipe??

Plumbing question help... how do I get the 1" bulkhead down to the 3/4 flex pipe.. The reducer that I have isn't threaded.. the bulk head is. Is there something (part or knowledge) that I am missing?
  11. C

And so it begins..

I got the new tank.. it is 32x20x22... here is an inital (poor quality) iphone picture. I hope to fully document the transition from Biocube 29 over to the new tank. I washed sand last night, I plan on plumbing tonight and will work on mounting the Vortech and doing other misc. things on Thur...
  12. C

Is this an elegance coral?

Can anyone i.d. this coral please? I believe it is an elegance coral but do not know for sure.
  13. C

What is out of wack here??

I have a 29 gallon BioCube - 9 month old tank. LPS and softies - normal bio load What is going on with my levels?? Salinity - 1.026 refractometer Temp 78 deg. PH 8.0 - Instant Ocean - new Calcium 540 - 560 Nutrafin / Hagen - new DKH 11 - 12 - Nutrafin / Hagen - new Why are my calcium and...
  14. C

Metal fabricator??

Hello everyone, Who in our group is a metal fabricator? I am looking for someone who can make a "zero edge" like light tree but, with a custom fitted mount for my Maxspect. Thanks!