Search results

1. R

Picotope HOB fuge/filter. Alternative to AC70

I created this 11x2x6 in refugium for my picotope using some plexiglass and the impeller pump from a small 5-10 gal filter. So far it works flawlessly and I plan to add some rubble and chaeto in the back. The whole project came to about $15-$20 so it is half the price of the Aquaclear 70. I...
  2. R

Where to get cyclop-eze?

Where do I get frozen cyclop-ez besides online? Thanks
  3. R

Lf seahorses and pipefish

Anyone have any seahorses or pipefish for sale? I'm looking for a redi or erectus and any pipefish that's eating. Thanks
  4. R

Zoanthid color change

I bought a Radioactive dragon eye zoa frag a couple of weeks ago and it has already changed its color alot. This has also happened to other corals Iv gotten. They all seem to become less vibrant. Is this an effect from my lighting or water chemistry? Thanks Before (same zoas on a different...
  5. R

Rimless pico tank. Glueing, taping, and trimming?

Iv got a couple questions about how to put together my rimless tank. Fist off its a 10inX10 foot print and 8 in tall. About 3 gallons all together. Im making it with 1/8in glass. Id like some input on where to place the bottom glass panel. Should it be inside the other 4 pieces or below all of...
  6. R

Arrow Crab- will they eat spaghetti worms?

First off I think an Arrow crab would be really interesting to keep in my tank and Im also thinking since they eat bristle worms they might eat spaghetti/hair worms. I know spaghetti worms are good for your tank but my sandbed is covered with them everywhere I look, and its rather unsightly...
  7. R

dwarf seahorse tank

Iv got a 2.5 gallon tank with live sand and some rock in there with a Tetra Whisper filter that I might change out for a azoo palm mini filter. Iv got 4 dwarfs coming in later this week. Any suggestions? What plants should I have in there? Would a yellow finger gorgonian work in a tank this...
  8. R

Starter Acropora coral?

What are some good starter acropora corals? And what are the requirements for them? I've got a Monti Cap, Hydnophora, and a red Montipora Digitata that have been doing good for about a month now. Iv been seeing good growth from the Digi and Cap. Iv got a 28 gallon tank with a 5 gallon sump full...
  9. R

Experiences with Aquatic Design LFS?

Just asking for some reviews of this LFS. Any one else had bad experiences from this store? Iv had a dead fish and crab from here already and now a banggai cardinal I got just over a week ago that is now dying/dead. And reviews on neptunes cove and exotic aquatics? These are the only 3 that are...
  10. R

Cutting out the brace on my tank?

Iv got a 28 gal bow front tank with a plastic brace on it. Its right down the middle on the top of the tank and I think its really annoying. Would it be safe to just cut it out? It doesn't seem like the tension on it is that tight but I don't know.
  11. R

I like to raise the calcium levels in my tank. Baking soda?

Iv heard of people adding baking soda to their tank. How do you do this?
  12. R

Candy cane frag?

I got this 4 headed Kryptonite Candy Cane frag today but when I got home and pulled it out of the bag to acclimate it it seemed a little smaller than I expected? How big are the heads usually and aren't they usually branching? alt=""> The ruler is inches alt=""> alt="">
  13. R

DIY Plans for airstone skimmer?

Anyone know of any good plans for a diy air stone protein skimmer? Thanks
  14. R

My fist tank- any suggestions?

Heres my first saltwater tank. Its a 28 gallon bow alt=""> Right now I only have a False Perc, fighting conch, and a Peppermint shrimp. For corals I have some GSP, Green Palys, small Devils Hand frag, and 2 frags of Pulsing Xenia. Im running a Fluva 205 for filtration and a Sub-current...