dwarf seahorse tank

Iv got a 2.5 gallon tank with live sand and some rock in there with a Tetra Whisper filter that I might change out for a azoo palm mini filter.

Iv got 4 dwarfs coming in later this week. Any suggestions? What plants should I have in there? Would a yellow finger gorgonian work in a tank this small?

Thanks

i was going to set up a dwarf sea horse tank as well but they are really a lot of work. the best thing to put in with them really is algaes, like some calerpa or maybe some sea grasses. you dont want anything that can sting them so be careful with things you choose to put with them and make sure you have treated for hydroids. also, how is your brine shrimp hatching coming along? make sure you have a spot in the tank picked out clear of most anything for putting this in to feed them.

Im going to have 2 inverted soda bottles with an airstone on the bottom that I can alternate for hatching the brine shrimp

And is it really worth it to decapsulate the eggs before hatching?

I had a dwarf tank for about a year. It helps to go ahead and buy brine shrimp eggs that are already decapsulated. They are available from seahorsesource.com.
As far as tank decor, I had some cheato and caulerpa in with mine. I also had a dead bleached coral in there with them They liked to grasp onto it and it was pretty in the tank. Do you have the intake of the filter covered with a sponge to keep them from getting sucked into it?

Yes iv got a little air driven cartridge filter and i put a screen over the intake. Iv got caulerpa and i nice coraline covered piece of dead coral in there to grab on to. The only coral I have in there is some pom pom xenia and then a blue legged hermit as a tank mate and mini brittle stars, hair worms, and bristle worms for CUC. I hatch my own BBS and decapsulate them myself also.

I always wanted to get some of those red valcano shrimp as tankmates for mine, but never got around to it. How are you enjoying the seahorses so far?