Search results

1. S

need a 100 gallon tub anyone have one i can borrow

im about to start my tank move and i need to move all the livestock and rock over to a tub and move the tank. so if anyone is willing to loan me one or sell me one let me know i want to get it done ASAP
  2. S

New APEX iPhone app is out I just updated......

The new app can modify the outlet programming now.. It's got colored graphs and you can also print your graphs through apple air print
  3. S

Saltnewbie's new project......120gal

I started this build last year and its still going...I'm trying to hit it hard now and its finally starting to come together. The stand is thick gauge steel 2x2 and 1x2 Mig welded by myself and powder coated black alt=""> alt=""> The tank i got used from another member....It was one of...
  4. S

ever wonder what those china made lights look like inside

i decided to take apart my light to see what the light looks like inside and this is what i came up with.... alt=""> alt=""> alt="">
  5. S

if anyone needs a generator let me know

im in the south Grand Prairie area. text me if you need it 817 808 5377
  6. S

Looking for Vortech mp40 dryside

I was wondering if anyone has an extra mp20/40 dryside working or not working. I was changing the bearings and I dropped the magnet it chipped it a little bit. It works fine but there's a slight noise. I'm running to break ing the bearings but I'm trying to see if anyone has a fried dryside...
  7. S

need to borrow diamond hole saw

I have a 1" hole saw your welcome to use but I lent out my 1/2" already
  8. S

RDSB in the sump?

That's what I did with my sump but I can't say if it helps or not. It seems to be more of a detritus catcher then anything. I've seen people fill I 5 gallon bucket and put a flow though and put a lid on it to make a rdsb. If you have the space I would do that
  9. S

Lost two clams within 2 weeks...

i lost two of my favorite clams. i searched for the usual suspects after i lost the first one. predatory snails and such, but is there any way amphipods or those flea looking thing eat clams or maybe brittle stars. that's all i really found after the first one died on the one that just recently...
  10. S

Just joined the Apex club yesterday but Need some help

I got everthing programed to turn on and off and currently working on the alarms and warning email but I'm having problems connecting through my iPhone. Does anone know a good walkthrough for this part I signed up for a dyndns.org already but having trouble with the port forwarding. I did it...
  11. S

How to determine fish quantity in reef tank...

do you have any ideas on what kind of fish you plan on getting. some fish are fine in smaller tanks but some like tangs are swimmers and most people don't recommend them for anything smaller then a 75 gallon or even 100 gallon. but without specifics on what your looking for and what size tank...
  12. S

anyone got any asterinas?

I'm running low in my tank and i don't want the harlequin to starve. I made a small tank to grow them out but its running low also. LMK ill trade some frags or something for them if you want. I posted this here so i would get a little more attention.
  13. S

having a problem with some nuisence stuff..I need an ID

this stuff was little and i was just plucking it of but now its expanding and i'm getting a little annoyed. Can someone help me figure out what this is and whats the best way to get it out.. my parameters are Calcium 430 alk 10 magnesium 1400 nitrates undetectable phosphates undetectable PH...
  14. S

got my stuff from wet thhumbs

everything is looking nice clam is already opened up alt="">
  15. S

got a new pet from Franks Tanks

its always great to have a chance to swing by franks. Good thing i decided to swing by that day because Frank said if i choose another day i would be able to buy his asterina starfish eatter. thats always hidden in his frag tank. I love the harlequin shrimp. It takes hand feeding pretty good...
  16. S

looking to replace Phoenix bulb with something not so blue

I'm currently running 2x250w Phoenix 14ks and two VHO super actinic. well the thing is that with the supplementation from the VHOs i wanted to move away from the phoenix bulbs because of the mono bluing affects. I'm wanting to go a little whiter without getting too yellow. What would you guys...
  17. S

cheap phoenix bulbs locally

i found this store thats having a sale on phoenix bulbs $49.99 for 250w and $47.99 for 150w if anyone's looking for bulbs http://www.soslightbulbs.com/hid.aspx
  18. S

wanting to switch MH bulbs

im using the phoenix 14k and im wanting to run something that isnt so blue im thinking of going to 10k bulbs but im not really sure what bulbs would be a good trade. im looking for something with good par ratings. i have VHO super actinic so have the blue supplementation
  19. S

i broke my vortech mp10

well i didnt break it but it did break. the prop broke off of the rotor assembly. i dont know how it happend but it did. i was running the filter that comes with it so i doubt a snail fell in. Any vortech users ever have this happen before. I looked at the diagram and it doesnt look like it...
  20. S

my calcium reactor pump crapped out

my calcium reactor uses a mag3 pump and i just crapped out on me. would it be ok to use my mag 7 pump but with the mag3 impeller for now until i can locate a new mag3 pump. If anyones got one PM me please