Search results

1. Z

Green Algae Solution??

Hair Algae [smilie=dull.gif]... I am growing patches of it and the patches are groming in numbers! I just purchased a cleanup crew (2 emeralds, 40 blue legged hermits, 40 astreas, 15 Nassarius snails) I am thinking of getting a Urchin but not sure as to which kind. I dont want a long spin urchin...
  2. Z

Mangroves?

I have a small hob refugium and I was wondering if using Mangroves would be a bad idea? Feedbak anyone? Thanks, Zach
  3. Z

Live Sand Dollar

I just went to Port Aransas and found several live Sand Dollars. I was wondering if anyone has tryed to put one in a tank? Zach
  4. Z

Scratches

What would be the best thing to buy for small scratches???
  5. Z

How long does it take to cure Rock?

I am wondering how long it would take to cure about 60-70 lbs of live rock? What would I need to do exactly? What would be the fastest way to cure it? Actual live rock or buy some sort of seeder? Can anyone help?
  6. Z

ICH!

I came home today and noticed that in my g/f's 12g nano the false perc has ich. What is the best was to cure this without buying anything that will harm the corals? Freshwater dip maybe? and if so how long? Please help!!
  7. Z

ID help...

Anyone know what this little guy is?
  8. Z

Everyone's thoughts... Dallas World Aquarium

Is there any way we can have some sort of meeting or something here??? :D Idk just an idea... AQUARIUM The Reef Room, located on the first floor of the Aquarium exhibit, can accommodate a seated serve dinner for 100 or a cocktail reception for 200 amidst the saltwater exhibits from around...
  9. Z

Isla Mujeres

I will be going to Mexico in a few months. I was planning on gathering some empty shells. Is this a good idea and what do I need to do to reassure nothing harmful gets in my tank?
  10. Z

How do I use phytoplankton?

I purchased a bottle at the meeting and have no idea how to use it. I have a 50g reef... Daily? Amount? How often? Any input would be gereatly appreciated. Thanks, Zach
  11. Z

Anemones and nanos?

What is the smallest tank you could keep one in? Ive been told different things from LFS's but just wanting to pick everyone else's brain.
  12. Z

delete.

delete
  13. Z

GBTA split over xmas...

Before the trip home for x-mas I noticed my gbta moving from one side of a tonga branch to the other... (couldn't find a place he liked) when I got home their were two. This is my first split! Anything I should look out for or do?
  14. Z

GBTA split over x-mas....

Before the trip home for x-mas I noticed my gbta moving from one side of a tonga branch to the other... (couldn't find a place he liked) when I got home their were two. This is my first split! Anything I should look out for or do?
  15. Z

Frog spawn and Hammer Coral

Both of these are having problems opening. What kind of lighting and Flow? All my test read great.
  16. Z

Ricordia

I got my green ric about 2 months ago. For the past week it has been scrunched up, the mouth looks like like a half moon and I can see inside of the ric. It has been producing slime for the past few days. I know this isn't normal. I took some water to true percula for test to double check and...
  17. Z

Peppermint Shrimp Vs. SRBTA

I looked in my tank and happened to see one of my peppermint shrimp picking at my sherman BTA. What can I do about this?
  18. Z

Lettuce slug died.

My lettuce slug died fri. when I came home on sun My scooter blenny was dead also. Did some test everything was good in the tank. Did some reading on the internet and found out when lettuce slugs die they put off a toxin that can kill off the tank. What should I do? Can anyone help?
  19. Z

SRBTA

I've had my sherman for about two to three weeks. When i first put him in the tank he wen't behind some rock and we couldn't enjoy the sight of it. So i moved the rock facing the front of my tank... Now he has sucked up sort of under the rock. Is this a bad thing? Can't see how it's a good thing?
  20. Z

New to the hobby and have a ton of alge on everything...

My tank has been going for about 6 weeks. I just bought a clean up crew and I can tell it has helped. But is this going to be a problem i will always be facing?