Search results

1. F

Trigger Systems Ruby 30E Sump FS

Looking to Sell My Ruby 30E Sump I have Price is 200 FirmSump is located in Richardson Please PM with any questions  
  2. F

Baffle collapse in sump

Hello all! In the process of setting up a new tank and I need opinions. I had a baffle collapse in the sump of a newly cycling tank last night. [smilie=worried.gif] I think that this is fixable, but should I even bother if I am worried that it may just happen again when the tank is...
  3. F

DIY Lighting Supplys

Looking for a supply shop that sells stuff for T5 DIY projects online. IE End Caps, ballasts etc. I want to build my own lighting fixture for a new project I started :) I have yet to be able to find anything via searches that aren't just Retrofit kits. Thanks in advance!
  4. F

ID Please on an SPS

I need an ID of the sps that is encrusting the rock. I think its a Pavona, but I am not sure and would like some verification from the experts here :) thanks folks! alt="">
  5. F

ID Please

I think its a Favia but I am not sure thanks!
  6. F

PVC Glue Curing time

on the Oatey PVC glue can it is saying 3 - 4 Hours but the glue after 12 hours still has a bit of the "Rubber Cement" smell. Am I, in your folks opinion, good to put this pipe on my tank? tia!:)
  7. F

Pico Heater?

Been searching for a few and I cant find anything that would be a viable option. What are other folks using? :) TYIA! -Paul
  8. F

ID: Sundial?

Just saw this in the tank this morning.. anyone? he was teeeenny
  9. F

Question about Ballasts

I was looking at this light that was rated at 144W but says it has a Work Horse 5 Ballast which says its rated for 128W. Am I just totally looking at the relationship of the ballasts wattage rating to the amount of light it can supply?
  10. F

Flatworm Predators

Ok, so I have an infestation of the rust colored flatworms on a mushroom in my tank. I don't see them anywhere else (yet). I have been searching the forums and found a great deal of info regarding the Flatworm Exit but I am wanting a more natural remedy for the issue. Rather then add chemicals...
  11. F

Fierce Porcelain Anemone Crab

Ok, so I thought they were reef safe but I witnessed him kill my new Peppermint Shrimp yesterday. Anyone else have their crab kill a shrimp? :? -Paul
  12. F

Chillers for smaller tanks

I have been trying to find a low cost solution for cooling my 36G tank a few degrees. Right now I am cruising around 78 - 82 depending on the day in the winter. Prepping for the summer months I have been looking/thinking about getting a chiller for the tank, because the fan I have blowing over...
  13. F

Replacement parts for an Overflow box

Anyone know where I can get any? I have been GISing all morning and I can only find the whole box for sale, and not parts such as the bulkhead etc. Thanks in advance! -Paul
  14. F

Wow Misprint?

Blue Hippo Tang Minimum Aquarium Size 20
  15. F

Another T5 Lighting question :)

Are the wattages the same for HO and regular T5 lights ... IE Is a 24W HO T5 Fixture considered the same wattage as a normal T5 24W bulb in the formula for Watts per Gallon? I ask this because I have a 24Watt HO fixture and a Dual 14 Watt regular T5 Fixture for my 36Gallon Bowfront tank and...
  16. F

ID Please (Pic Added!) :)

Hopefully I can get a pic of this guy up soon, but I have a growth on a stalk of my frogspawn on the hard coral. Its a cylander with a hole down the length and its fuzzy. It has what looks like a cone shaped mouth, on the side not attached to the hard coral Posting this to just see if anyone...
  17. F

new additions scared?

Kind of a silly question :) I got a few additions to the tank. a 1.5 inch Fire Shrimp and a porcelain crab, and they seem to be a couple of scared little guys lol. the fire chose the most out of the way spot in the tank to hide so out of the way I have to look for his antenna poking out of a...
  18. F

Snail ID Site

Found my first hitchhiker in my tank the other day but it is a TINY snail and I cant get a good angle at it to take a picture .. are there any sites that have a good gallery that I might take a look at?
  19. F

Fejus's 36G Bow Build! ---> moving to a 12G!

Well I waited a bit till I got some rock into the tank and some pictures posted on the Intarwebs ;) So here is my very own build log that I will post to in the coming months with my progress heh. I bought the tank from Ashley Gorman (doc2981 on the boards here) about 2 - 3 weeks ago and he gave...
  20. F

Critique my Sump/Fuge design

Well I wanted to design a new Sump/Fuge for under my tank with limited dimensions I have an area that is 8w X 21L X 17H inches and will be able to fit one of the Red Sea Berlin HOB Skimmers. I am really interested if folks think that this will be enough area for a refuge. This is of course a...