Search results

1. M

New Clams from ClamsDirect.com just arrived! - new pics!

This is a continuation of this thread. viewtopic.php?t=57842 I ordered 3 clams from clamsdirect on Monday. They were shipped yesterday via FedEx Priority Overnight and just arrived. As I mentioned, I wanted to share the experience/packing/condition of the transaction as it is my first online...
  2. M

Breeding Percula Clowns

I have a pair of breeding percula clowns who have raised over 10 successful batches of eggs all the way to hatching. The eggs have eyes after about a week and look perfectly heathly, but I don't want to mess with breeding them. Has anyone ever had luck feeding live rotifers around hatching...
  3. M

Bubbles

You might try some foam filter pads or a filter sock. I have the same issue and this helps.
  4. M

Will replacing the impeller on my Mag18 fix it?

I have a Mag18 which will not restart on its own without spinning the impeller a bit. Will replacing the impeller fix this? It has several rough rings on the magnet.
  5. M

Moving an established Maxima Clam

I have a Maxima Clam that has grown too big for the rock hole he mounted to. It's not a problem yet, but invitebly it will outgrow the hole. I've heard they will move on their own, but not sure. Should I try carefully pulling his "foot" loose and moving him myself?
  6. M

Brightwell Aquatics - Zooplanktos-S - This stuff good?

True Percula has this line of coral additives and foods. This is a new product which that claims it has a full-digestible zooplankton, unhatched eggs ranging in size from 50-300um. They have different versions with larger and smaller particles sizes. http://www.brightwellaquatics.com/ I...
  7. M

CO2 refills locally?

I know this has been asked before, but could not find it in a search. Where can I get my CO2 bottle refilled?
  8. M

More SPS polyp extension at lower specific gravity?

I had this posted in the SPS section, but no replies. My freshwater auto top-off dumped a bit too much water the other day and brought my specific gravity down to 1.020. By the time I noticed it, 10 hours had elapsed. I've seen this before, when it happend last time, but all of my SPS polyps...
  9. M

More polyp extension at lower specific gravity?

My top-off dumped a bit too much water this morning and my specific gravity went down to 1.020. My water is running at 79. No big deal, but same as last time the S.G. got this low, I noticed better polyp extension on all of my SPS. Has anyone else noticed this?
  10. M

ASM Skimmer Owners - Venturi Mod?

I have a ASM G3 skimmer with the gate valve mod and have had ok results, but have always had a nagging problem with microbubbles. A while back, on my other tank, I had a Turbofloter skimmer that I had tried a venturi mod on and had good results. More skimmate, better control, and was able to...
  11. M

Good Summary of Reef Parameters

*edit by Scott: Link removed due to questionable recommendations. See RHF article below* It's by Seachem.
  12. M

Best Calcium Reactor Media

I have a Korallin Calcium Reactor and was wondering the best CACO3 media to use.
  13. M

Random Crab - ID?

I just noticed this tan, weird crab in my tank. Is this guy dangerous to my corals, snails or shrimp? Sorry for the pic quality alt="">
  14. M

Too much flow for fish cruel?

I finally figured out my micro bubble problem and have been able to open my Mag18 up to about 80%. I'm wondering if this is too much flow for my perculas and yellow tang. The video is grainy, but you can see some particles to get an idea. I have a Mag18 w/1.5" return with two 3/4" sea swirls...
  15. M

Just set up my first Calcium Reactor - Chamber flow?

I just set up a Korallin CR with Milwaukee regulator and PH controller. I have it set to 10 bubbles per minute and 40 drips effluent. My CaribSea ARM media is not bubbling like I thought it would. I see flow through it, but thought it would be more turbulent. I have it fed with a Microjet...
  16. M

Red Sea or SeaChem - Who makes the best test kits

If you had to choose between Red Sea or SeaChem test kits, which would you choose.
  17. M

Cleaner Shrimp Rock!

I finally was able to add a cleaner shrimp to my 60 cube. I tried one before, but my spotted hawk swallowed him whole in about 2 minutes. I've been battling a case of ich that broke out after I downsized to my cube. I've read everything about Ich and have treated it with feeding/heat...
  18. M

Another Calcium Reactor Question

Do I need Co2-proof tubing or will regular ice maker tubing work?
  19. M

Calcium Reactor Automation

I finally found a Calcium Reactor setup. It's a Korallin and has a milwaukee regulator. Is the SMS122 PH Controller by Milwaukee the best, cheapest route for a PH controller? And is $99 shipped a good price including calibration liquid? Or should I hold out for an AquaController?
  20. M

Reeflux 12K Bulbs - Too blue?

I've seen two tanks with Reeflux 250w 12K SE. One with PFO magnetic and the other IceCap Electronic, and they both are too blue - even bluer than 14k's. Has anyone else noticed this?