Recent content by tdsapp

1. T

Sweeper Tenticals

So I have two Hammers and one Frogspawn corals that I bought at the last club frag swap. So I have had them for about six months and in that time I have never seen any of the corals with any sweeper tentacles out. They appear healthy and two of them have gotten larger and gone from two heads...
  2. T

Water storage for top off

So I have a Reef Angel and it came with float switches for the water top off feature. I have also built an adjustable float switch gadget so I can put them in the sump (http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=124732). Now I am looking for the container to put my top off water in that...
  3. T

My ATO Floats

So I have been wanting to set the ATO up in my sump so I can stop having to fill the sump from my 5 gallon jugs every day or two. I finally got into the garage and came up with my design and started working on it. I decided to go with Plexiglass, but I am not even close to the work the Marc...
  4. T

How do I frag Pulsing Zenia?

This is not the small clumps of Zenia and has a "trunk". Actually, when I bought it at DNA I think there was one base and two small trunks and now I have about 6 trunks with a couple of them being kind of big. I dropped them into a hole in a rock and they have "climbed" out of the hole and are...
  5. T

Few photos of my new frags, Need some naming help too.

Here are a few photos of some of the frags I picked up at the swap this weekend. I know the names of a few of them such as Frogspawn, Hammer, Candy Cane and the Gorilla Nipples (Zoas) but the rest of them I never can remember what they are. If you see something and know the name the let me...
  6. T

Will it ever get it's color back?

So a few months back I got some GSP while at a club meeting. I got them onto a couple rocks and they were starting to grow nicely with a great looking green. When my big tank was ready but before the lights were ready I had to move my coral frags to the fugue along with the LEDs lights from...
  7. T

ID Help

Can anyone tell me what this is... This is the actual color and it looks like a red bubble of some kind. As you can see there are four of them but I have not seen any more of them popping up anywhere in the tank. alt=""> Tim
  8. T

Juat can't get my PH up

I have been watching and my Ph is staying at around 7.59, I was watching it and my Kh and adding a bufer to raise my Kh and Ph and now my Kh is so much better but my Ph had hardly moved. When I started my Kh was at 6 and now it's around 8 but my Ph only went from 7.45 to 7.59 at the same time...
  9. T

Happy Birthday to me...

So it was recently my birthday and my wife got me a dew things for my tank. As I had told some I had my coral and fish in a 20 gallon tank while waiting on finishing my LEDs for my 150 tall. In the mean time once the cycle on my big tank was done I moved all my fish and most of my rocks to the...
  10. T

Lessons I have learned this weekend

So, as I had posted earlier in both here, New to the Hobby and Emergency 911 I got some new fish this weekend. Problems showed up right when I started to float the bags to equalize the temperatures. I noticed that one of the fish was missing an eye, then a couple hours later I found one of the...
  11. T

I love being a DFW MAS member -- and I got new fish

So, we used our DFW MAS membership cards and got our discount at DNA today. We went to get one of the nozzles that fit into the return bulkhead where we can split the water to the top of the DT and the other half down towards the sand.They only had them with threads and we needed a slip on...
  12. T

Thinking about trying some Zoas again.

So a few months back I cycled my little 20 gallon starter tank. I am using this for building up some live rock and just getting used to the Saltwater life. So we jumped the gun a bit back at the last frag swap and bought some coral to put into the tank along with the CUC (2 Peppermint Shrimp...
  13. T

Brittle Stars

So I was thinking about trying to find a few brittle stars for my tank. I know that the large green and large black ones can sometimes go after fish, snails and such. What about the smaller ones? I have two Pajama Cardinalfish, two peppermint shrimp, 3 or 4 small turbo snails, and 4 or 5...
  14. T

Holy Smoke

So, I picked up some GSP and Kenya Tree at the meeting last night. While I thought I had dipped the first corals I got I guess I did not do it right. This time was totally different. I got a cup of RODI water and added a few drop of iodine and dipped the Kenya Tree frags in it. Dang... all...
  15. T

My sump design

OK, so I am planning on getting my sump going soon. I found a great deal on a used 55/60 gallon tank for $40.00. It's small enough to fit into my stand with the dimensions of 36" X 18 X 20. The skimmer I found is a CoraLife Cone Skimmer for a 300 gallon tank so the skimmer area is going to...