Recent content by Reefnoob

1. R

What is going on?

Today, my lionfish was expelling a running brownish red liquid from its gills. I think it is blood. Is it hurt? Theres nothing in the tank that could. Is it doomed? Its hard to get a picture.
  2. R

Aquascaping

I have had my aquarium set up for two years, and I am still not happy with my aquascaping. If I finally get something I like, it falls. Id like to think I am capable of setting up my own rock work but it is not working out. Anybody have any divine inspiration? I have looked at tons of pictures...
  3. R

Clowns and hosting.

For the life of me, no clowns ever host in my anemones, I have a pair of false oragne percs and black trues and neither even look at my two bubble tips, Do these clown fish not host in this kind, there not tank raised or bred, its really annoying....
  4. R

Ozone

Ive been looking through the marine depot catalog, looking closely at the ozone and have done a little bit of research. The porblem is I dont know how I would add it, because I am not sure if my skimmer could withstand ozone. If I got the unit its self, i would get the air dryer and the probe...
  5. R

Some decent pictures FINALLY !

Ive had this set up for well since the end of June. Oceanic 105 with a 29 gallon sump (old tank). VHO blubs, 330 watts coralife skimmer 125, 100 lbs of live rock, refugium loaded with marco. Its mostly going to be a softie and lps tank, may try some easy sps. Waiting for christmas to roll...
  6. R

Wow, this is funny yet tragic.

My hawkfish, that I was praising so much in another post decided he didnt like his home and would try the overflow box. Sometime last night he jumped into the built in over flow box. The problem is I have no idea how to get him out. Its way to small to move a net around in and a trap wont fit...
  7. R

Need some serious Joes Juice

Like it says, anybody got any their not using. Ill pay for it, I just need some soon. Thanks.
  8. R

Yellow tang has bad ick please help.

My yellow tang has had ick for sometime. I dont know if its getting progressily worse or better, I keeping temperature at 80 degrees flat and feeding with the kent garlic extreme. As the days have progressed he has more pinkish red areas on his body, but they are small not like the whole side...
  9. R

Pictures of my tank.

I've had this 105 set up for about 2 1/2 months now. I thought I would post some pictures. Inhabitants: 1 yellow tang, 2 bowtie damsels, 1 blue green chorims, (didnt have good luck with the school idea) 1 bicolor angel fish, a brown serpant starfish, 2 reb blood fire shrimp, 27 hermit crabs, 8...
  10. R

Is this reef safe? and what about a clam?

I bought something without doing any homework on it... :oops: This thing/snail has been in my tank for a while and really only comes out during the night. the pictures are terrible, which i am sorry for but having no experience with the camera you can at least see the definite outline of this...
  11. R

Lowering the specfic gravity of salt ?

This is a dumb question, but what do you do ? just add fresh Ro water to salt water youve cycled out ? Do you do it in small increments, or in large changes. Thanks. (btw trying to lower the gravity of my tank thats cycling. )
  12. R

How do you know if culerpra (sp) is dying ?

I have some different marco algeas sitting in my 12 gallon tank, waiting for my cycle to finish in the tank there going in. Its kinda turing brown, whats it doing ? How do i fix it ? Thanks
  13. R

Best way to lower temp ?

What is the best way to lower the temperature of my water, I need it dropped by 4 to 5 degrees. I dont understand why its running hot. Its new less than 48 hours old. Fans ? I dont know. Any help would be great. Thanks.
  14. R

Refugium question

How long should I wait before I add my microalgea considering the tank has only had water in it 24 hours, the salts high at 1.030 ?
  15. R

Is this true?

"Worms and and other small animals in the sand are beneficial in keeping the sand bed alive and healthy and should not be disturbed or removed, never vacume your sand bed or disturb it in any way. Mixing or stirring the sand bed will add oxygen to the sand and destroy the vital anaerobic...