Recent content by ReefGeekers

1. R

Vortex d-1/kalk mix-no d just pleat - Kalk mix with vortex machine

[:smart: OK, new idea time. Using a Vortex machine,(these have been on the market for some time now?,15-20yrs) I mix a 5 gallon bucket with the standard Kalk mix quantity with RO/DI waters. Set up the Diatom/Vortex machine as you would for the normal run of this machine, YET! hold up!, DO Not...
  2. R

Baby bta! another again? - Wooow! two in a few days!

[:lookaround: WoooowwwooowW! Yet another SPLIT with the BTA. This is the first I've had a double Split happen, and all within a couple/few days. Same animal/BTA Split twice. I guess we are passing out Girl and Boy cigars. I guess we can not get them from Cuba so the local reef store will have to...
  3. R

Cigars to all! we again/baby? - It's a boygirl? 16 and counting.

[:blush: YES! it's a GirlieeBoy :wwww: 1 of our 15 BTA's had a Splitting head/bodyache and produced another, Yet again :nod: That makes 16 BTA's in our short 1.5 years of BTA ownership/stuuuuardship. Our FrogsS double that, they give/grow head quick, two head every month. Gotta get that new...
  4. R

Ca glue?need more?gotit! - Cost saving! large and in charge!

[??? Looking to save some bucks on that cheep Ca glue, 1oz=$5-6 bucks per bottle? Well, people at the RC Model Clubs/RC Airplanes in perticular, have been saving for quite some time on this stuff. There are a few(3? I think) chemical companies that make this stuff in bulk and they sell to others...
  5. R

Ro/di  cartrige leak? fix-it - Out of expencive thread tape?

[:;): So your out again of that Plumbers Thread Tape,($1.99 per 20ft stuff at Home Depot) well not to worry. Had that dreaded leak, around your RO/DI twist-on chambers and you can not get it to stop leaking or dripping, until you twist it so tight you break/split the plastic on the top of the...
  6. R

Dark smp vers light smp? - What ever happen to?

[:no: or :nod: That is the question, YEA or NAA Sumps in the past had dark bio Nitra chambers and now is a High ph raising sump with 250w MH in order ?. Where's the balance? Who does a 50/50 in the sump? I do not know who keeps there sump rock/bio balls in the dark. We just set up...
  7. R

Reef trip with coral.org - Mike kings trip package, i am planning

[:;): Anybody going on this trip to the Islands? Listed on RC site, under Responsible Reefkeeping/Save the Reef Foundations. Mike King chimed in and offered trip with him. $2,700-3,700, a small price to pay for a great trip and the education. I am planning to pack now and wondered if anybody...
  8. R

Freezing kalk! - Reef discussions topic? any ideas?

[??? Just thinking of this: I posted in Reef Discussions: Freezing Kalk for future use? Good/Bad/NOGO? Ideas please. Please check out that Forum for info I thought of. :shocked: :idea:]
  9. R

Freezing kalk in reef discusion forum - Wrote there about question of this

[Qestion is in Reef Discussion forum, under: Freezing Kalk? :idea:]
  10. R

Freeeezing! kalk / sm-chunks in sump - Bigger batches for future use?

[:;): Just thinking of our SCI-Teacher's applications on a smaller system. I thought, WHAT A BOTHER!, to make such small batches of Kalk, SOOOOOOOOOO? What about making large batches and FREEZING it into smaller batches? ANYBODY ANYBODY?, think this will work? Just thunking about this. Anybody...
  11. R

Target feeding my apps - Feed each and every one

[:lookaround: We keep seeing these guys grow and every 5-6 months I feel the need to feed them. Little glass Apps are truley prolific so I just feed them each and every one and they love the food. They suck it in and I think they like it, because they hang on to the injector I use. They seem to...
  12. R

Pinging and ponging?-irc - #the-fish-room

[:taz: any body in there? anybody on a regular chat schedule, in #the-fish-room? Just thought I would see if anybody has worked up a schedule towards group irc chating at: #the-fish-room. Is somebody going to take up the lead in setting a solid chatroom time and event disussion meeting...
  13. R

Www.reefaholics.org? - Any reports?

[??? thumbs up down? Looks like some odd & neat stuff. People there are__? please fill in the blank if you can. :;):]
  14. R

Egg crate and fraging - Fraging on a string?

[:;): We are planing a few,(3-4-5) frags on a string idea and we will be doing the hooking frags on egg crate pieces game. I kind of like that idea of seeing pieces of coral growing on egg crate ledges,(higher and lower) around the edges of the tanks we have. Does anybody play this game, seeing...
  15. R

Chiller plumbing/brass?copper? - Plumbing and sps specks

[??? Wrote in the SPS fourm and had the question of Chillers with brass in and out barbs. Has anybody seen these in a while? More info at the SPS corner, under Chiller Brass/older chillers title. Let us know if you have any advice or coments. :oops:]