Recent content by reefgazer

1. R

where to buy sand locally?

I need about 200 lbs of sand. I don't know where to buy or what type of sand is good. please advise. this is plano area. thanks louie
  2. R

225 gal in wall bottom seam bursted custer/park in plano

It is an in wall tank. We came home with half water was leaked out and flooded the garage. Currently all live stocks are in rubber containers with heaters and circulating pumps. With temperature drop next couple days, I need all suggestions of how to save these corals and fish, also where to buy...
  3. R

What do you add to your top off water?

I am learning it all over again after 7 years out of this hobby. Please help..I know the three major elements are Mag, Ca, and Alk... please advice on what do you add to top off water to keep above three paramenters stable..Thanks
  4. R

where to buy MH DE bulbs

Hello fellow reefers, I haven't been on here for a while. I need some suggestion as where to buy the cheapest price for MH DE 250w 14K bulbs for 240 gal tank of my brother's. Does phoenix brand still a good way to go? do you think A to T lamp store in Lewsville tx is the cheapest? Thanks, Louie
  5. R

(2) tunze 6100 pump VS Tunze Wavebox

If you have to choose one option, either 2 of 6100 tunze pumps or 1 tunze wavebox. Which one would you buy? Let's say these will go into a 180 gal tank (mostly softies). Thanks for your comments.
  6. R

What the heck is this thing?

I just add some Astrea turbo snails into my tank and was placing them on the live rock. Within 10 second I saw a head of this creature swirling out from a the figi rock and goes into one of the astrea snail shell. The snail withdrew into it shell but this thing keep attaching it more and more. I...
  7. R

I need your help

I don't have much experience with these items and need you expertise on these. I got bit by a sps bug lately and need to upgrade my flow. I have a 180 gal room divider style with one end is a overflow box from front to back end of the glass (can place wave box or tunze 6100 on this end but not...
  8. R

magnesium

Anything that I can purchase locally to substitude for this substance ? LIke dowflake or Cal harness from Leslie Pool supplies instead of spending big buck for calcium. THanks.
  9. R

Which chiller is best in your opinion?

I am in the market to buy a chiller. My tank si 180 plus 55 gal sump. It is a roomdivider in the middle of the house, living and kitchen. I need to buy a chiller that I can keep indoor, quite, and energy effiency. I like the drop in model and found this unit on sale, kinda like it. Do I really...
  10. R

green grape claupera- how to get rid of this thing

This green grape like algae is taking over my bro's tank. Please help with any method beside prunning by hand. I know to keep light on 24/7 to prevent it from going sexual ( turn white and produce more). It is good for nitrate remover but it is over spreanding in the display tank.
  11. R

I need your help!! Purple tang mouth turns white

My purple tang is very healthy. Eats well. All water parameters are great. I noticed 3 days ago there was a white spot next the gill. Three days later, this is what I saw. The whole one side of the face is white. What is it? it still swims actively and eats well. No sign of distress at all.
  12. R

How often do you test your water?

I saw Marc's tank pictures on here and it is so beautiful. Wonder how often does he tests his water and what does he test? I tested my water twice a month for Ph, Alk, Ca, Nitrate, and salinity. Now I think I should test for Mg as well. However, my tank is doing just ok. My RBTA is losing...
  13. R

RBTA

I have medium flow with 2 of 250w MH. My RBTA keep hiding in the rock. What are the causes? I have feeding them as told by previous owner. They opened and seem in good health but doesn't come out giving a clown a chance to host. :?:
  14. R

RBTA

What to feed? how often?
  15. R

Why xenia keep dying on me?

It has been 4 years since I started in this hobby. Everything in my tank thrive but xenia of any kind. Red sea, Pom pom I have tried them all. They just wilted away and died. I use the 2 parts B ionic and dose daily manually. PH is ok. Ca is good , I know this. Alk is in range. Why... and why...