Recent content by prozac

1. P

Where to get live rotifer

My tank has a mated pair of clowns (black percs) that have eggs that will hatch soon. I have a tank setup to try to catch the hatch and raise them, but I don't have rotifers. Even if this batch does not make it, I want to find out where/how to come up with live rotifers to feed. Can anyone...
  2. P

chip in glass

Today I was cleaning my tank with a magfloat and it raised a chip of glass out of the front glass on the inside. The chip also scratched the glass as it slid with the magfloat. How big of a danger do you think this is, and has anyone ever seen this before? How would a magfloat do this. I...
  3. P

Urchin in sump

What is everyone's take on placing an urchin, or other critters in the refugium section of a sump. I am not new to the reef world, but I am new to sumps and fuge's. I currently have a fuge that is teeming with caulerpa taxifolia (I think, I got it at DNA). The urchin I have is currently in my...
  4. P

Hydor koralia

I had a koralia 4 pump die on me today, so I am questioning what I am going to do for flow. The pump was about a year old, not too long of a lifetime if you ask me. Anyway, I was thinking of getting 2 k2's to disperse the flow a little more, or getting some other type of pumps. What does...
  5. P

My Black Percs

Nothing special, I just managed to get a good shot or two of the black clowns hosting in their mushrooms. Their former residence was a big toadstool leather. alt=""> alt=""> I bought them a LTA once, but it did not like my sand bed and fled to the back of the tank.
  6. P

Help, ID this worm

The worm is circled in red. It is definitely nocturnal. Never seen it in the day, and it didn't like the flash at all. It was gone right after this pic. The pic is crappy, but its all I could muster without lights to focus. Maybe someone can tell what it is. alt="">
  7. P

Clean glass plus silicone

The glass on my Neo 90 tank is 1/2" thick. My Large size magfloat has trouble staying stuck and with any good force. Its fine for the light haze that builds up through the week, but around the silicone there is always a harder layer of green stuff that the magnet wont touch. As soon as it...
  8. P

My Reef, New to Forum

I wasn't sure if this was the area, but I thought I would post up my reef and ask a few questions. What does everyone think of DeepSeaAquatics tanks? First a full tank shot: alt=""> One of the clowns hosting their mushrooms: alt=""> And maybe a little better tank shot: alt=""> What do...