My Reef, New to Forum

I wasn't sure if this was the area, but I thought I would post up my reef and ask a few questions. What does everyone think of DeepSeaAquatics tanks?

First a full tank shot:
DSC01660.jpg
alt="">

One of the clowns hosting their mushrooms:
DSC01656.jpg
alt="">

And maybe a little better tank shot:
DSC01657.jpg
alt="">

What do you think?

Never heard of that tank manufacturer. Nice tank - you've got a lot of shrooms there! Is that an eel on the left in the first shot? And how big is that tank - hard to tell.

Tank is 90Gallons. It is 36x24x24 with a single center overflow.

They are supposedly local, so I thought someone might know their work. Anyway, I have a 36" Coralife Fixture with a 150Watt 14k MH, 2 Actinic CF bulbs, and a 36" T5 with a daylight and an actinic bulb.
Underneath is a Trigger Systems TS30BR sump/refugium full of Taxafolia. And yes, those were engineer gobys. We have 4 (We meaning me and my wife).[/url]

I've heard good things about them. Nice Huma Huma Trigger. That's most blue mushrooms I've ever seen in one tank lol.

@Misty wrote:
Never heard of that tank manufacturer. said:
Deep Sea Aquatics is Oceanic... (All Glass bought the company and moved it up to yankee land, but the actual people who MADE Oceanics back when they were good tanks founded DSA, and are making tanks the old Oceanic way)

Oh, and Prozac -

welcome_dfwmas.png
alt="">

Welcome to the family....any question's feel free to ask away, someone here will have experience in your area of concern. :)

Cheers,

Hey prozac,

I dig Deep Sea Aquatics tanks, especially the neo nano. True Percula and DNA has one on display. Well anyway, welcome to the club.

Mark

Love the nano as well, but I don't have a suitable location for it. On the other hand, thanks for the coments on the shrooms. They have been growning in one tank or another for about 3 years. I have so many now, that I catch them free floating and just drop them in my 12 ga. jbj. Maybe once we join the club, we'll bring a big mushroom rock to a frag swap.

Welcome...and I am planning on purchasing that same tank in the next couple of weeks! Anything you like/dislike about it? I like the 3' wide and 2' deep dimensions.

@coralreefer wrote:
Welcome...and I am planning on purchasing that same tank in the next couple of weeks! Anything you like/dislike about it? I like the 3' wide and 2' deep dimensions. said:
Love the tank. Plan on getting lights that can spread thoughout the depth of the tank, or add an extra light as I did. Also, with the glass being really thick, my large size magfloat will barely keep hold, so you will need to get a bigger magscraper if you use them. Enjoy all the space to rockscape. My tank is pretty full if you ask me, and I was transplanting from another tank, so I was limited to what I could do without getting rid of coral/rock.

@prozac wrote:
Love the tank. Plan on getting lights that can spread thoughout the depth of the tank said:
I have a 250w MH/130w PC actinics so i think that will due at least for now! I may add a couple t5s maybe one of those ones that brings out the red/oranges. I cant recall the name - maybe Fiji Purple or something like that. I wont be starting from scratch, but the other way around...smaller tank to a really bigger one!

Did you buy the stand and canopy or make your own? The stand and canopy are really expensive in my opinion.

I had a stand made, didn't buy a canopy. I spend my cash on the sump. The trigger system was expensive, but that is what I wanted.