Recent content by kleankord

1. K

Majano Wand

Any reviews? anyone own one? figured it might be worth the leap. On my second purchase of aiptasia killing crap, might be easier to zap.
  2. K

Power head/ return pump question

2 Questions: 1) How best to setup the direction of my powerhead? How can a I create a wave? 2) How to fix a noise issue I am having with my drain? It's not flushing, but it gurgles sporadically. Recently replaced the drain with a 3/4" ID pipe. Info to assist with answering: Tank is a 33 gal...
  3. K

Quick and easy mp10 Question

If the ecosmart white box has a w on it, is it the wireless version?
  4. K

Controllable Tunze Users Chime In

Will going from 0%-100% (on and off) shorten the life of the powerhead? Anyone trying to make a wave with just one powerhead? Anyone on a nano tank? (approx 30 gal) What direction should the powerhead be facing in order to make waves? Should I be pointing my return in a different direction...
  5. K

Temperature Swings

Wanted to get opinions, or facts, if you will.. Would temperature swings in the 78-82 range cause STN? I've got an acro frag that hasn't been doing well... I'm an SPS noob , but everyone else seems to be doing alright. Starting from the base up it's been slowly bleaching over the past 2 weeks...
  6. K

Sump cleaning

How often do you clean your sump?
  7. K

Neptune Apex PH Probe help!

I purchased the Apex model in the club group buy and now that I'm trying to set up the pH probe, I'm reading that the display is needed. [smilie=surprised.gif] [smilie=sadsmile.gif] Can anyone: 1) come over and help me calibrate the probe? 2) lend me their display just long enough to...
  8. K

Which biopellet reactor?

Typed the phrase which biopellet reactor into google and didn't find much. Hoping I can get some advice here. Thanks.
  9. K

Peppermint Shrimp ate my Acan

Just want to share my experience. Yesterday, I noticed that some of the flesh of my Acan looked like it was being damaged. Last night, I saw my peppermint shrimp picking at it, but thought nothing of it. This morning, the flesh was down to skeleton, and I've lost a total of 4 heads. I did a...
  10. K

Too much skimmer?

I have a 33 gallon tank and 10 gallon sump. Would this bee too much skimmer for the tank? http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/reef-octopus-4-recirculating-skimmers.html I had a: CPR HOB, was ugly and loud so sold it. Biocube skimmer, didn't do a damn thing. AquaC Urchin Pro, worked, but I...
  11. K

Best Online Resource for learning about corals

What is the best website or websites that explains the different types of corals? Technical sites appreciated.. Not like LPS vs SPS vs soft, more along the lines of trachyphyllia vs wellsophyllia or acanthastrea vs acanthophyllia. Thanks.
  12. K

Clownfish/anemone fish question

What are the difference between the clownfish? More specifically, someone help me understand the value or differences between the designer clowns.. Links and literature would be greatly appreciated. I'm referring to clowns labeled as: picassos, snowflakes, black ice, etc. I'm interested in the...
  13. K

RO/DI filter question

I have a Melev's reef 100 gpd unit and I'm preparing to replace the filters. Will the BRS set work? Anyone with experience and can offer advise? Thanks. http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/specials/5-stage-standard-replacement-filter-kit.html
  14. K

New (to me) RO unit

As an early bday present, the gf got me (or allowed me to get, more accurately) a used Melev's Reef RO unit. http://www.melevsreef.com/rodi.html Came with connections to set it up to the washing room, a refractometer, a TDS meter, 2 35 gallon water holding bins, 2 K3 powerheads for mixing, 1...
  15. K

ID please?

I have these small brown tentacle looking things growing.. what are they? alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt="">