Recent content by KerryOriginals

1. K

new nano-a few questions

Ok, I'm hoping to upgrade my lighting on this to a dual 13watt PC retrofit unit. Nothing else will fit its trapezoid shaped top which goes from a width of 13" down to 12" and halides are not an option. What I'd like to know is if anyone has kept any kind of corals successfully under only...
  2. K

Eclipse 6 Nanos - Let's see 'em!

I so miss my reef tank! I've had this eclipse 6 set up as fw for about a year now and finally, this weekend, went out and bought a 2lb chunk of rock and a pound of ls and I'm going to turn this into something marine! I would love to see what others have done with these tanks and would also...
  3. K

Free cleaning crew

[Has anyone here tried this company out? I've never heard of them before, got the link on TRT. I joined and ordered my free package and paid $5.05 shipping via priority. They take paypal! :nod: and they have a bunch of nice blue zoos, too. Well, I guess now I'll just wait to see if I really...
  4. K

New lights-need suggestions

[Well, my new dual 250w halides arrived today! :love: I am upgrading from 440w VHOS and have a softy/lps dominated tank (currently). I don't want to fry all my corals when I put these on the tank! A few corals, some leathers, gorgonians, ricordias, and zoos are attached to the top rocks...
  5. K

Vho meltdown!

[Well, I have had them over 5yrs,(440w 48") but, come on! I don't need this right now! :no: One of the lamps must of shorted out or something, anyway, the thing's fried. The endcap is all blackened and melted and even the wood next to it is blackened. Must of been a fire there that...
  6. K

Post pics of your brains...

[Here's mine! ;) Jellybrains]
  7. K

Eductors

[I was just wondering how many locals are using eductors in their reefs. I have been following this topic over on TRT for a while and think it is a really neat idea. I am planning to add a CLS to my tank (eventually!) and have been thinking of making some eductors to add to the outflows. This...