Eclipse 6 Nanos - Let's see 'em!

I so miss my reef tank! I've had this eclipse 6 set up as fw for about a year now and finally, this weekend, went out and bought a 2lb chunk of rock and a pound of ls and I'm going to turn this into something marine!
I would love to see what others have done with these tanks and would also really appreciate some tips on setting it up. I know to keep corals I will have to upgrade the lighting and hope to retrofit the existing hood with PCs, - no halides on this one. So. What'cha all doin' with these little tanks? suggestions? anything? :lol:

Thanks Steve. I was just over there doing a search on the eclipse 6 and the going consensus seems to be to ditch the eclipse 6 and buy a tank! I wish I could, but, I'm stuck with this and slow cheap upgrades. :) I am thinking of the ahsupply 13watt retrofits, perhaps two of them and remove the stock filtration and replace with a powerfilter. I would dearly love to see some photos of lighting upgrades for this tank (or similar sized!) any more comments, tips ect ?

Someone else just posted pictures of their tiny 6g. Maybe it was water`bug's newest Seahorse biotope? Those little tanks are so cute.

The best tip I can give you is to absolutely positively always top off, as salinity goes up QUICK in a tiny tank. If you don't add RO water daily, salinity will spike and livestock won't make it. Those tiny tanks need an auto topoff worse than any other tank out there. :wink:

Thanks Marc! I have an ATO already...reach, pick up gallon kalkwassar jug, pour into tank... :lol: Actually I am thinking of a top off for it, but, I have so many other needs that come first, so that will be a bit of a wait. This tank sits on my studio table within arms reach where I work all day, so manual topoff is not a problem right now. I just bought 5 more lbs of live rock and a dozen snails from Jacob so I now have a total of 7lbs rock and a dozen mixed snails, a nice clump of anthelia and feather calurapa in the tank. My next upgrade has to be the lighting, and, I have my eye on the 12" dual 18watt aqualights. It would fit beautifully I think if I yank off the top and rim and go open top using thier mounting legs. I know as soon as I go that route, I WILL need that ATO! :wink: