new nano-a few questions

Ok, I'm hoping to upgrade my lighting on this to a dual 13watt PC retrofit unit. Nothing else will fit its trapezoid shaped top which goes from a width of 13" down to 12" and halides are not an option. What I'd like to know is if anyone has kept any kind of corals successfully under only 26watts of lighting and what specific species did best for you. I know I may have to settle for a fowlr tank only, but, if possible, I'd like to try some corals. I know most mushrooms are ok, but what else? Are any of the lps suitable for low light setups?

i had a total of 22w with my two pcs and my zoos, rics, and gsp did fine. i've been working on my tank lately and have taken it down, i got a new odyssea 24w pc that i am going to use soon, but it sounds like you've got it down okay, try some zoos and you may want to attempt to try an LPS frag to see how well it'll do in your tank, though i do read that they may need moderate to high lighting.

Thanks for the reply, Exigency! I'm glad to hear some may work out. I'm hoping to try some clove polyps and organpipes in addition to those you mention. Do you know if these will toleratle low lighting?

http://www.centralpets.com/animals/fish/saltwater_inverts/swi1724.html
http://www.centralpets.com/animals/fish/saltwater_inverts/swi1734.html

information on your desired corals.

i don't completely agree with all the information on the site for some of the corals, but it gives a good general idea of what the basis of needs are. just ask around if you need more help, i'm pretty sure everyone is willing to help one another.

Thanks! I know a lot of these guides are just that, basic info! I have Eric Borneman's book on corals (that I finally dug out of the closet) It's a great resource, too, but I know sometimes coral are kept successfully under very differant conditions than listed as normal. That is why I thought I'd ask here for actual experiences, hopefully, of any kept under simlar lighting to what I expect to use. :wink: