Recent content by JBsmurf

1. J

Hanging lights from the ceiling.

So I got my new hanging kit from rapid led. It's very similar to just about all of them on the market. I do not have the option of anchoring to a stud or some other solid wood in my ceiling so I've been looking at toggle bolts. Does anyone have experience using them in straight drywall? TIA
  2. J

Carbon Source overdosing

Ok, ive done a little bit of searching around the interwebs and founds info here and there but I am wondering has anyone experienced a bacteria bloom when over dosing carbon? I would imagine its similar to over doing it with bio pellets but I have this stringy slime crap growing everywhere. It...
  3. J

Skimmer air silencer

Has anyone ever cleaned this piece of their skimmer? I've noticed that I may not be getting the air volume that I should be into the skimmer and I am curious how others resolve this.
  4. J

JB's simi cube build

For the time being I'm going to start dumping pics and will follow up with more information on the details of the build. For now....enjoy. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417585618.193602.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417585647.020909.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417585662.608366.jpg
  5. J

smart ATO vs tunze osmolator nano

Has anyone had any in depth and lengthy experience with the SMART ATO system? Is it reliable? How well does the pump hold up? More importantly, is it any better than the tunze osmolator nano?
  6. J

Heaters**need advice**

What seems to be everyone's favorite or most reliable heater to use without a controller? I wont be getting a controller anytime soon with my new build so I am trying to figure out what would be the best/most reliable heater that people seem to use now. Ive always used Jager heaters but ive...
  7. J

Need suggestions for lighting

Ok folks, I need everyones suggestions for best bulb combo to get for color and some growth. I have a customer T5 + LED setup, the LED's will be my primary actinic source with a mixture of two different UV Chips, RB Chips, and Blue Chips. I can run (4) 24w t5 bulbs 2 each on either side of the...
  8. J

The new and improved JBsmurf Pico

I finally decided it was time to get the pico restarted. Equipment- -Jbj pico tank -Red sea pico filter -Custom led light made by yours truly. I chopped an old heatsink up and started building. I placed everything on a board and rail mounted the light so it can be removed for easy access. -I...
  9. J

Anyone have any spare thermal adhesive for leds?

Looking to get some extra thermal adhesive for a project. Let me know if you have extra Samsung Galaxy S III
  10. J

Ever seen one this big?

I saw this crawling on a mili and yanked it out. Its the size of a quarter. I'm not sure this is a good thing uploadfromtaptalk1375026812850.jpg What are yalls thoughts? Samsung Galaxy S III
  11. J

replacement pump for skimmer

Does anyone know of a good replacement pump for the atman ph3000 in the bubble-magus nac 8 skimmer? Thanks in advance
  12. J

JB's 90 gallon upgrade

Well the time has finally come and things are quickly underway. This tank has been in stoarage waiting for love for almost a yr+ So to start I needed my liquid motivation uploadfromtaptalk1363374549477.jpg My goals for this thread are less about how its setup but mpre to document the progress...
  13. J

Lewisville water

Just contacted the city and they do use chloramine to disinfect water. Not sure if that matters but ive bewn looking into getting an ro/di and thought id poat this as brs seems to have a setup specifically to filter this out. Thoughts? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  14. J

lightning with diy leds & apex

finally alt=""> If you click picture its a video. Ill throw in link for tapatalk users. http://m987.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/jbsmurf/20121022_203222.mp4.html?o=0
  15. J

Trochus snail fogging up the tank.

One of my snails is squirting some cloudy white liquid into the tank. I assume its reproducing? Thoughts anyone? Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2