Recent content by JasonBrewer

1. J

boyu wavemaker... any input?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boyu-WM-2-WaveMaker-Time-Wave-Feed-mode-Adjustable-/310153498093?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483696cded Anyone have experience with the brand or the wavemaker? Cant afford an mp10! Seems like a good alternative.
  2. J

Anemone ok or no?!?

Found a few of these little guys this morning. They a clear with little whitish balls on their tips. Seem to succeed when light comes on.
  3. J

Salt Test

There was a post on this forum a few years ago tested some popular salt mixes for macro and micro nutrients. I was wondering if anyone knows where i can find the link? What is the best salt out there these days?
  4. J

8 Gallon buildout... decisions, decisions!

http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=46&products_id=184 I have decided on the new cadlights 8 gallon mini series. Now the fun begins... well not quite yet... it doesn't ship until Feb. 20th! But all good things in time! So the first thing I need help, or at least...
  5. J

Nano Tank Option?

http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=46&products_id=184 Been looking at starting a tank again... its an addiction... no matter how long your out, it pulls you back in. I can only have a small tank due to being back in school. Let me know what you think of the...
  6. J

sps color - up

I guess my problem should start with a question. How long does it take a sps to color up? I have had a Mont Cap. Green w/ Purple rim in my tank for about 5 months and all i have seemed to do is give the thing a tan. It came out of a tank that had pc's on it and it lost its color over time...
  7. J

new coral with aiptasia

I got a couple new corals yesterday, and as always there was a hitchhiker. This Lobo has a very small aiptasia on it and i would like to stop the problem before it starts. I have pepermint shrimp in the tank and was thinking they will take care of small ones but i might be wrong. Anyone have...
  8. J

Live rock - ?

[I have seen that live rock is a very fast mover when people have it up for sale on the forums. I have heard that you can use tufa rock..pumice... from whiz-q to make live rock. I aquired a few tanks lately and was wondering if there would be any interest in buying tufa live rock. I was...
  9. J

Crab caught - Its a aksldjfk

[After looking for a while on the net this morning for an id i give up. Hes tan, has black stripes, is hairy, and eats meat. So i will give him the commonly excepted name of gorilla crab and ask if anyone wants him. I think he would make a good meal for a mantis or other shell cracking...
  10. J

So i got crabs... - Getting rid of him

[Does anyone have any ideas on how to catch a crab. I saw an arm and a claw coming through a hole in the rocks tonight, and i am pretty sure that would explain the disappearance of my pepermint shrimp, and twin spot goby, and about 5 astreas! This thing is hunry and the shells i find are all...
  11. J

Whelks - Any good use for them?

[The title sums it up. I got a few, and i dont know what to do with em... I figure they will be usefull for making noise with the garbage disposal :idea: , but thats all i could think of. Are they of any real use?] Edited By JasonBrewer on 1110178371
  12. J

What is it? - Mystery snail

[I quarantined what i thought was a whelk because i have been seeing a few of them. The tube comes out of the shell but it has a mouth like a astrea. Its shell is smooth like one you would find on a shell necklace, the shells with the shallow tooth lined slit in it. The odd thing about this...
  13. J

Nassarius snails - Vibex or obsoleta?

[Whats the difference in nassarius vibex and nassarius obsoleta. N. Obsoleta seem to be more readily available and cheaper so i figure something is up. Thanks, Jason]
  14. J

Ricordia - How much light

[I have a green ric. that is on a rock with some green stars and it is parked 8 inches under a MH. It doesnt open and seems to stay clammed up. Is it getting too much light? Thanks, Jason]
  15. J

Odd markings - Powder brown in trouble again

[This powder brown has been with me less than two weeks and already been causeing me ####. Going to name him charley brown i think. Like the idiot i am i didnt quarantine him as he is the first fish in the tank. But i started noticeing him yesterday rubing, often on rocks. It looks like...