Recent content by IC Casey

1. I

Kryptonite Candy Cane

I mean, it was a rough couple of months, and losing a full colony of that age and size definitely HURTS, but it just comes with the territory, I guess. I've made my peace with it. I did my freaking out about everything already while I was drastically trying to save it all.
  2. I

Kryptonite Candy Cane

Sorry to those who replied. I got locked out of the site for a while. I was changing my linked email to a lot of accounts after one of the 2023 data breaches and couldn't get back in to this site. Had to go to a funeral after a sudden death in the family, got COVID for two week, missed half the...
  3. I

Bubble Magus Z-5 Space Saving Protein Skimmer

Bought New in February 2023. Used for 6 months. Great skimmer, just a bit OP for me. It's essentially the larger skimmer cut in half. 4"x 6.3" footprint. 19" height with cup. https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/z-5-space-saving-protein-skimmer-bubble-magus.html $50. Located in Frisco, 75035
  4. I

Kryptonite Candy Cane

Well, after 7 years, my Candy Cane colony was getting too big for its britches and crowding out its own heads, so I've begun the process of fragging it. I have about 10 frags currently, unmounted, ranging from 3 heads to probably 15-20. $5 per head, but I'll max out at $75. Not selling the...
  5. I

Chaeto, Kryptonite Candy Cane For Trade

I should note these are accidental frags, not on plugs or anything. They broke from the mother colony in my tank move. But they're nice and healthy.
  6. I

Chaeto, Kryptonite Candy Cane For Trade

You can have the Chaeto for free, honestly. Looking to trade one of my two frags of Kryptonite Candy Cane (about 10 heads each) for almost anything outside of Pulsing Xenia and GSP. Located in Frisco 75035. I'd pick up the chaeto in the next day or two. It's already bagged and out of the sump.
  7. I

Pulsing Xenia on frag plug.

Free or trade for something interesting. Pickup in Carrollton. <hr /><hr /> [<del>  </del>]
  8. I

Power Outage

So, I'm one of the 200,000 people still without power since yesterday. A tree was uprooted and pulled the entire pad-mounted transformer behind our house out of the ground. Oncor has yet to be by and assess the transformer. Currently running battery-powered bubbler for oxygenation. Temperatures...
  9. I

Relaxing Hobby...

Today was the longest week of my reefkeeping life.Came in this morning to find my watchman goby in the clutches of a thinstripe hermit. I grabbed the hermit and put my finger on his face to get him to let go, not wanting to rip him off the fish . Get him off and toss him in the sump. It was that...
  10. I

Baby Fish in Refugium

Now, I don't actually expect anyone to ID this. But last week I noticed a baby fish swimming in the refugium chamber of my sump. For reference, this is a fairly new Cobalt C-vue 40 with the built-in chambers and filter socks .My best guess is that this somehow came in the macros, which have been...
  11. I

Nudibranches in Refugium

So, I have a newly set-up AIO 40g aquarium. Started with dry rock, bagged live sand, and one piece of cured live rock from the LFS.About a month in, I added a refugium, which included some chaeto. In about two weeks, I noticed that I had a ton of small nudibranches hanging out, squirming along...