Kryptonite Candy Cane

IC Casey

Premium Member
Well, after 7 years, my Candy Cane colony was getting too big for its britches and crowding out its own heads, so I've begun the process of fragging it.

I have about 10 frags currently, unmounted, ranging from 3 heads to probably 15-20. $5 per head, but I'll max out at $75.

Not selling the mother colony and one of the larger frags, but I will be fragging more in the future as soon as I get this batch gone to make room.

Located in Frisco, 75035.

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpeg
    IMG_1070.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1068.jpeg
    IMG_1068.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1066.jpeg
    IMG_1066.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1063.jpeg
    IMG_1063.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 36
Interested in a 5-6 head frag, give or take. Could you possibly message me, as I don't have an option to start a conversation with you. Thanks!

Sorry to those who replied. I got locked out of the site for a while. I was changing my linked email to a lot of accounts after one of the 2023 data breaches and couldn't get back in to this site. Had to go to a funeral after a sudden death in the family, got COVID for two week, missed half the holidays, and returned to find my tank water cloudy and most of my LPS RTN. After aggressively fragging, pulling, and dipping everything in my tank that was possible, I lost my wall hammer, all but one frag (three heads) of my candy cane including the main colony, and half of my SPS. ICP tests didn't show anything weird or out of sorts, so I'm assuming it was biological. RO water and ATO were working as they should. Pistol shrimp, goby, and chalk bass are all good. I did lose a good-sized hermit at the time, so... idk.

I know this isn't particularly a helpful response, but I don't like leaving people hanging.

My montis, birdsnest, and acan have all recovered. Xenia and clove polyps have taken off again because they are unstoppable. Still have no idea what happened except that I was gone and that's what happens when you're gone. What a hobby.

WOW - you have been through a LOT and it sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability - a great life skill and helpful in this hobby.

Upcoming Feb Club Meeting guest speaker is just in time (or earlier might have been better for you... sorry!) featuring Kennth Wingerter, the owner of Hydrospace LLC. His product line is focused on Purple Non-sulfur Bacteria, microbes for aquatic animal nutrition and natural bioremediation. I'm working on the flyer for Tues Feb 13th

I mean, it was a rough couple of months, and losing a full colony of that age and size definitely HURTS, but it just comes with the territory, I guess. I've made my peace with it. I did my freaking out about everything already while I was drastically trying to save it all.