Recent content by Crazyc625

1. C

will a older syle icecap ballast fire DE bulbs

Should work fine. I still have the older ballast and currently run a DE Phoenix bulb.....
  2. C

Cut Glass

Does anyone here know where i can get my tank cut for an external overflow and get some glass cut for the overflow box. I've tried test cutting some glass that was laying around and can't seem to get a nice cut, the glass keeps on chipping....
  3. C

AquaC Remora Skimmer Help!!!

I've been using this skimmer for quite awhile now and I'm not sure if it's skimming correctly. I've read where people have a tremendous amount of waste collected however, as for me I have always gotten about 1/4 of an inch weekly, on average, . It's not the dark dirty stuff either, just a...
  4. C

60cm ADA tank

Here's a picture of my 60cm ADA tank. Don't have much but the fun part is just about to start.
  5. C

Which is the best option?

Debating on which powerhead to get for water movement, a mj1200 w/sure flow mod, a Koralia 1, 2 Koralia nano, or 2 Koralia 1? I've got a 20 gal long with sps frags and zoa frags. Don't want over kill but good enough current. Thinking about going BB as well. Any other ideas will be appreciated.
  6. C

Blue Leg Hermit

i was just wondering if anyone has had problems with blue leg hermits eating their snails. i don't want to get them if all my snails will slowly depreciate. the reason i'm asking is that i want to get in on the group buy that we're having.
  7. C

Hydor Flo Rotating Water Deflector

i was wondering if anyone owns one. i plan to get two and attach them to a 1/2 pvc. the pump will be a mag 5 split (t'd). will the unit be able to attach to the 1/2 pvc?
  8. C

Lighting Queston ? Need some advice…

What is better for a 58 Oceanic tank??? 250W IceCap MH ballast with 14K DE Hamilton bulb and PFO mini pendant Or Hamilton Hood: 250W MH with 10K SE bulb and 2 x 95 watt actinic VHO FYI: I’ve have some sps, lps, and softies in the tank as well
  9. C

Mh not firing - 250w icecap w/14k hamilton bulb

[This morning I woke up to turn the lights on in my tank and the bulb fires for a minute or so but then turns off. I don’t know what the problem is. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do let me know. O yeah I don’t have a spare bulb to test with either. 250W MH IceCap Ballast 250W 14K...
  10. C

Holey rock from whiz-q

[I have about 90+ lbs of LR in my 55 gal with tones of coralline growth. I'm wanting to redo my aquascape and don’t want to spend the money to buy more LR as they’ll charge you an arm and leg. I’m just wanting to add some more to fill in the gaps and mount some frags. My question is has...
  11. C

Acro crab

[I've got this little guy in a cup now but from what I've been reading he's a plus for my sps. Just want to get everyone elses opinion. Is he good or bad. Here's his description. He's whiteish pink with a black line running across his face. I don't have a picture but will try to attach a...
  12. C

Orange ball anemone - Good or bad

[I came across an odd looking anemone and thought it was an apista. However, it doesn't even look like an apista. Now I'm scrolling around in the net and found out that it's an ORANGE BALL ANEMONE, well that's the closest thing it looks like. Anyways, can anyone tell me if it's GOOD or BAD.]
  13. C

Mushroom frag

[I was thinking about fragging my red and blue mushroom but they will be hard to take off from the rock. Can I just cut them in half in the tank or will the toxins be bad for the tank? If I need to take them off the rock how would I do that?]