Recent content by CaravanShaka

1. C

80 gallon rimless nuvo SR-80 and a Kessil 360we with gooseneck

1 Kessil a360WEs with gooseneck in great condition, $275<hr />After considering how difficult it is going to be to move this tank to Austin, and how much I don't trust a moving company to do it, I've decided to just sell this tank and buy something new when I get there.Nuvo SR-80 tank with...
  2. C

80 gallon rimless Tank and Stand, 3 Kessils, Gyre 130

Hi All, I am selling a few pieces of equipment from the tank I took down for our move to Austin. Pickup is in West Frisco.The extra's in the gyre pic are free to whoever needs them if they buy one of the items below. first come first served.<hr style="color: black" align="left" noshade="noshade"...
  3. C

IM Nuvo SR-80, ATI 6x54w LED Hybrid, Gyre 130

Hi All, I am selling a few pieces of equipment from the tank I took down for our move to Austin:The extra's in the gyre pic are free to whoever needs them if they buy one of the items below. first come first served.<hr />After considering how difficult it is going to be to move this tank to...
  4. C

ATI 6x54w LED Hybrid, Gyre 130

Hi All, I am selling a few pieces of equipment from the tank I took down for our move to Austin:The extra's in the gyre pic are free to whoever needs them if they buy one of the items below. first come first served.Gyre 130 with battery backup. Used less than a year, comes with original box and...
  5. C

Gyre 130 plus battery backup

Gyre 130 that is about 6 months old. Cleaned regularly, has all original parts and box and includes the icecap battery backup system.$200 firm, pickup in west Frisco?
  6. C

Blue Hippo, Foxface, purple Dotty & sand sifting star

have the following available and would like to get them in a new home this weekend so I can completely break down the big tank. All healthy and eating flake/pellets:4" blue hippo tang- $404" foxface - $403" purple dottyback - $104" sand sifting starfish - $5pickup is in West Frisco and I am...
  7. C

80 gallon breakdown, livestock edition

Decided to make a separate post since I am not selling the equipment at this time.Here is what I have for sale:?$100 - 4" Miami Hurricane + Large Green Leather on about a 6"rock?$50 - huge meteor shower cyphaestra on tall rock?$20?- 3/4" orange/green chalice?$40 - 8 polyps captain america palys...
  8. C

IM Nuvo SR-80 complete setup with livestock and all reef equipment

Looks like I might be moving soon, and my job will have me travelling soon, so I am unfortunately going to get out of the hobby. I would like to make this painless and sell complete. Anyone that knows me knows that I have quality stuff and take good care of it. I've had some issues with the...
  9. C

1/4" deflection in steel stand with no weight

Should I be worried about this? I didn't notice it when I picked it up from a member, and live 2 hrs from him. I asked him to build it, and he followed my design exactly, but the main beam that is supposed to support the tank dips a full 1/4" in the middle. The tank is 180 gallons, so I can't...
  10. C

Caravan's 180g in-wall

The project has begun! Tank will be built between my office and dining room. I won't physically attach the tank to the wall, but the stand has a 4" overhang that will rest on the 12" header I had my builder put in at 40" high in the wall. Dining room side will only be a picture frame around the...
  11. C

CNCReef Nano DIY LED Fixture

Hi All, I wanted to introduce you to an LED build I recently completed to replace a 160w Maxspect Razor over my Nuvo 24. First off, the major components: 2x ASIS 412 heatsinks, silver anodized with clamp mount http://www.cncreef.com 4x RapidLED dimmable drivers 40x LED's as follows: - 10 Cree...
  12. C

$25 ATO

First off, I take no responsibility for damage to your components, or if the end product fails. This general design has worked for me for several tanks, from 3g up to 120g. Parts purchased: - $15 Tom's Aqualifter - $5 float switch from amazon - $5 Water safe magnets from BRS Parts laying...
  13. C

Caravanshaka's 24g Nuvo - I'm back!!

Well, finally feel like I have the time again to keep up with a small reef. Got the ok from the wife to put it in the living room too :) Equipment list: Black Innovative Marine Nuvo 24 55g tank stand for extra room Dual Micmol Aqua Color Mini LED lights Innovative Marine skimmer May upgrade...
  14. C

6"x20" nano LED fixture

Well, after the meeting I decided I wanted to try a full spectrum LED fixture and see how it did compared to the old fixtures I have built that were strictly blue/white. I don't have a tank for this to go over, yet....but I have been eyeing the innovative marine 16g Nuvo so I may talk my wife...
  15. C

Halides for 75g, opinions wanted

Thinking about switching to Halides from my T5/LED fixture. Will use about 24 cree LED's for actinic supplement. Here are my thoughts: Pendants: Lumen Max 3's or lumenbright Mini's. I am leaning towards the Lumen Max 3's since I would like to have the Actinic heatsink mounted with the the...