Caravanshaka's 24g Nuvo - I'm back!!

CaravanShaka

Membership Expired
Well, finally feel like I have the time again to keep up with a small reef. Got the ok from the wife to put it in the living room too :)

Equipment list:

Black Innovative Marine Nuvo 24
55g tank stand for extra room
Dual Micmol Aqua Color Mini LED lights
Innovative Marine skimmer
May upgrade return pump and add spin streams
DIY aqualifter ATO
Ordered 25 lbs of BRS dry fiji rock, but won't use it all
Will likely add an mp10 down the road

Livestock:

Going to try mostly LPS with zoas, probably frogspawn or torch centerpiece
Clown pair (any babies Lance?)
Firefish or 2
3 banggai cardinals
Misc inverts

That is all for now, everything shipped today so I hope to get it all by friday :)

~Joe

Of course I couldn't!

Premium aquatics order came in yedterday, really liking the micmol lights. Have a minor issue with fitment, but Micmol replied within an hour after I sent the e-mail and is sending extra parts including an updated software flash. Great service :)

Looks like the actual tank won't ship until monday, so hoping to get it wet next friday or saturday.

Let me know if you need anything to help get you started and Welcome back [smilie=wink.gif]

Hey Lance, still breeding clowns? going to want a pair for the tank eventually :)

RO/DI is now running. Receiving stand, salt, and rock today. Tank will arrive Thursday, and hopefully will have everything wet this weekend!

UPS has decided to hate me this week...we have had 7 packages delayed so far. That said, still missing stuff :(

Tank is full now! A little cloudy still, and missing sand, but full. Pics to follow

[attachment=1]20131205_213642.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=2]20131205_213622.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]20131205_213649.jpg[/attachment]

Nice to see you back, Joe. I'm sure you'll make a phenomenal tank.

Will try and get the wife to take some pics...switched from the razor to homemade LEDs today, and my Apex with vdm should arrive this week :)

some quick phone pics of the new light setup (ignore the mounting stuff on the wall that was for the razor...that is all clean now)

[attachment=2]20140202_155757.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]20140202_155737.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]20140202_155746.jpg[/attachment]

@JBsmurf wrote:
Did the micmol leds not workout? Samsung Galaxy S III said:
I ended up having too many issues with the MicMols and returned them to the manufacturer. That being said, they had excellent customer service, and took very good care of me. If they can clean up some of the issues I had, they will have a very good product.

[attachment=2]Lights-2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]FTS-1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Center-2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Left.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]FTS-4.jpg[/attachment]

Not all the Corals are open, had fed the tank like 20 mins prior to the wife saying she could take some pics. But you get the general idea [smilie=lol.gif]