Recent content by booker1978

1. B

This Tank Makes Me Sad Sometimes......

Hello all. I'm going through the tank blues and just need a little venting time. Things have been going pretty well for the past 6 months as I began this journey last July/August. I felt that I was finally at the point that my SPS coral were growing and coloring up very nicely. The past few...
  2. B

Cleaning out the sump

What does everyone do and or/use to suck out any detritus and other nasty things out of your sump? I was doing a water change this morning and see that it is time for me to clean it up. Any good tips or tricks? I'm thinking that since the sump sits at the same height as the container would sit...
  3. B

Internal Pump Options

I'm looking at options to convert my sump to run an internal pump from the current setup as an external. I am setting up a 210 gallon with a 80 gallon sump. There are three reasons why I want to do this: 1) I need the pump to be contained in the stand cabinet. Currently, the sump is drilled in...
  4. B

Brandon's 210

About a year ago, the wife told me to go pick up a fish for my little 2 year old (at the time) and I came back with our first 15 gallon saltwater tank. To commemorate our 1st year as a "saltwater family" we thought what a better way to celebrate than upgrade it by 200 gallons! I've got no...
  5. B

RODI / Saltwater Mixing Station Size

I was able to clear a place in our laundry room for a RODI / Saltwater mixing station and am curious of the size of tanks everyone has on their systems. I am looking for a system that would be able to supply a 150 gallon tank with a 30 gal sump. I have seen everything from small 15 gallon tanks...
  6. B

Something is growing…...

Hello all! I have been a bit of a creeper on the forum since late July when I began my first saltwater aquarium. First, I must say thanks to all of your help without you really knowing it! As many of you can remember, this hobby is quite overwhelming when you first start out and many of you have...