Recent content by BarnacleBoy

1. B

125G Long Reef Tank & 40G Shallow Frag Tank

this is my first tank log, so please excuse any errors. thanks. this has been a slow work in progress, as i am building these set ups, using tanks that were sold to me in less than perfect condition, considering i paid almost retail. i learned that youre better off buying new almost every time...
  2. B

my sump design- appreciate input.

so here is my 30 long sump for my 125 long. i have the return in the middle, and the refugium which is about 10 gallons as the last chamber. im going to tee off the return pump for the refuigum. my only concern is that i build my overflow and return chamber walls too tall, for when the return...
  3. B

opinions on 28 nano lighting

im considering moving my 24" coralife dual 24w t5ho fixtures (2 of them) over my 28 nano and im wondering if this will be enough light on its own? should i add my kessil a150 as suppliment, or would this be enough? also, if anyone has experience with a halide on a 28 nano, let me know. i...
  4. B

found a mysterious growth on brain coral.

i was examining some frags the other day and i noticed this little spotted round egg shaped organism, with a patch of fuzzy antenna or whatever protruding through the top of it. it was lightly attached to the frag and was easily removed just by moving the frag through the water. i did a google...
  5. B

what are my snails doing??

im attaching a link to a dropbox video link. i have at least 20 snails and 2 of them are perched up, emitting some type of smokey like substance making my tank all cloudy. are they mating? anyone know whats going on? im not sure what kind of snails they are, but they are the cheapest ones at...
  6. B

recommendation for kessil 360w over 28 nano

ok, so ive been using this kessil 360w for 4 months or so now, and i never had them over 60% at 6" above the tank. i experienced some coral bleaching on 2 different sps, which i have moved since, and they havent gotten worse, in fact the monti got its color back, but the blue stag has not...
  7. B

baby clowns have ich

i just got a couple baby snowflake clowns and after 3 or 4 days of having them in a small enclosure, safe from my two black and while clowns and large-er chromis, i noticed the worst. they have little white dots on their fins and body, so i know its ich. they seem healthy, although i noticed one...
  8. B

3 clowns look like they are fighting

i have had these 3 false percs for about 6 months and 2 were always bigger than 1, who is considerably smaller and has a gray silvery stripe on his tail, instead of a white one. the two larger ones, i cant tell which is bigger out of the 2 started chasing and fighting with the smaller clown as...
  9. B

my anemone is eating my shrimps molt: good or bad?

i just got to the office and noticed my anemone is eating my coral banded shrimps molt. it looks like its half way done. is this a bad thing? should i leave it be or remove the molt?
  10. B

BRAND NEW HYDOR 1150-1150 CIRCULATION PUMP

hey guys i was in the market for a hydor koralina 1150/1150 and was about to spend about $50 on one. $40 plus $10 shipping but i found one for $30 including 2 day shipping on amazon, and they are brand new. if anyone needs one, this place has them for the best price. i wanted to wait til i got...
  11. B

28 Gallon JBJ Nano Cube Set Up

just finished setting up my 28 gallon and everything looks great (for starters), but i am having trouble positioning my hydor circulation pumps. if i set them up like i have in my larger tank, the sand in 2 corners flies everywhere. so i tried facing them both together so get the waves to crash...