Recent content by ALittleFishy

1. A

Serpent star question

[Well, I'm missing a fish...bluefin damsel to be exact. I know I don't have a mantis, cause I didn't have one before, and I haven't added any more LR. I just read something on RC, and was wondering if a huge serpent star could've eaten a weak damsel. If so, what and how do I need to feed him...
  2. A

New pic - Candy cane after feeding

[Well, I fed my candy cane some phyto last night, and I'm amazed the difference...it puffed up really nice.]
  3. A

Check this out

[Well, my cloudy tank is clearing up, and tonight I took some pics of a feather duster on a snail shell, and a sea slug in the bottom right of the pic...just wanted to share Adam :beer: PS, thanks to all who have helped in clearing up the bloom.]
  4. A

Reef screen saver - Interest

[I'm not sure if this post would go here, so feel free to move it if necessary. I would like to know if there's any interest in having a reef screensaver for your personal use. I wanted one for myself, so I gathered pics from the gallery here at DFWMAS, and made a screensaver from them. I...
  5. A

Dfw lfs

[I'm making a trip to the DFW area this weekend, and was wondering if anyone could give me the names and addresses of their favorite LFS's. I remember a while back that someone had a map and list, but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks so much Adam :beer:]
  6. A

Need some advice - Cloudy tank

[As some of you have seen, my tank looks like I'm growing phyto on a large scale. Over this past weekend, I've changed out about 50% (75gal) of water. While I can tell a difference, I still can't see more than a couple of inches into the tank. I even went as far as to add a clarafier, and new...
  7. A

New ro/di - Not for the weak at heart

[Well, I got the RODI system in today, and I must say that it's not bad...Its the 69.99 one on eBay. I was a little scepticle because nothing cheap is ever good, but this setup is decent. Now that I've got it in my hands, and have been compairing it to Marc's, I've seen what you are paying...
  8. A

My first id question

[I'd like to post a pic, but these things are tiny...about the size of a pod... I thought that I had the beginings of hair algae, but upon closer inspection I realized that the dark hairs were alive. they are so small they look like worms, but move like a slug or snail...I looked around, but...
  9. A

What salt

[I know this has been done before, but after the latest Oceanic controversy, I would like everyone to post what salt gave the most stable results. I'm not talking about needing doses of anything...I'm talking about 0-nitrate 0-nitrite 0-ammonia 0-phosphate 0-silicon salt. I currently use...
  10. A

Good copepod info

[After I discovered pods in my tank last night, I started doing some research, and came across this http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/feb2003/breeder2.htm I'm gonna try it in my sump, after I read marc's writeup on culturing phyto later Adam :beer:]
  11. A

This makes it all worth it

[I couldn't take a pic of it because of my algae bloom, but I got so excited tonight over a creature that is the size of a grain of sand...I've got pods!!!! :wwww: :love: :wwww: I'm so proud just had to share my excitement later Adam :beer:]
  12. A

Acrylic top

[i'm not talking canopy here, just a lid to keep fish from jumping out of the tank. My idea is to use 1/8" plexi with 1/4" holes spaced out to aid w/ gas exchange. 2 questions: Will my 400 W MH melt the plexi Is this even cost efficient? Thanks Adam]
  13. A

Feeling really dumb

[What makes a pest anemone a pest...what does it do to pester the tank? I'm doing research on getting one after I fix my current problems. I figured that it should be first, so it can get where it wants, then I'll add coral everywhere else. thanks Adam :beer:]
  14. A

My newest growth

[I wanted to take a picture of my new coralline, but I thought that this was more interesting...At least something is alive. J/K so far, my snails and crabs are alive. I think my star is alive too, but as with the coralline, you cant see him. You all think that you are so special, cause you...
  15. A

Ro/di

[Ok, after 2 months, I konw I need an RO/DI...My question is, what is the catch tank for? Would I need one if I want to pump the water into a 35 gal can for water changes? Can I shut off the ro/di when I don't need it? I think that's all the questions for now thanks Adam :beer:]