Recent content by albert7753

1. A

Lost my Sherman Rbta :( ... its going to make it!

[update .. Last night it looked okay in a ball but trying to recover this morning it was attached to a rock and starting to come out. My clown is waiting on it to open up.] Last night I noticed my Sherman starting to roam my rock work so this morning it wasn't in it's spot. I looked and...
  2. A

What all do you guys test for ?

I know I am not testing for eveything but just wanted to ask which and why . I do these - Ph 8.0 - 8.2 Calcuim 480 - 510 ammonia low nitrite low to 0 nitrate low to 0 Alk 9-10 Temp -79-81 Salt - 1.023 - 1.026 What am I missing ?
  3. A

SPS forget it I quit ...

I have been researching and finally at my last straw. I give up really no more SPS for me. I finally lost my last small colony and I still another member caring for 3 of my other colonies. Here are my tanks spec's - 180gal ( 6x2x2 ) RR Salt type - Red Sea Pro Salt kept at - 1.28 PH -8.0...
  4. A

Need to lower my nitrates need suggestions ...

Okay , I've been trying to lower my nitrates and just can't get them down. I've tried the Nitrate poly filters help some but not much. Cut down on feedings. Added a reactor and filled it with nitrate media helped some. Water changes about 60gal at a time helped some. But I think what it will...
  5. A

Lighting question

I dont know if you'll get the spread you will like. On my 180gal 72x24x24 I ran 2-250w 12k's and had a dark spot in the middle and I also run 2- 72in 10k & antics. I added a 250w 10k in the middle to brighten it up a bit.
  6. A

MY RBTA ! ( finally found one )

Well it took seems like forever to find one for sale without being 18th in line but I am finally a proud owner of a Rose Anemone. Not the sherman line but thats okay . having trouble with my camera I'll try to get better picks . It took the Perc's all but 2 minutes to find it. alt=""> I've...
  7. A

I need your advice ... please ..

Okay , I have battled this calcium reactor for the past month. I have even thought about asking one of the guys from a local Lfs to come out and help me with it . His fee isn't bad but before I go there one last attempt on fixing this darn thing. I have included a picture if you know where the...
  8. A

Coral ID - ?

Let's see what you guys think - it's really yellow like a figi leather no flash alt=""> flash alt="">
  9. A

SE vs DE halide?

I believe DE bulbs put off more heat but could be wrong. Another obsticle will be SE bulbs take up more room espically if use a 400w the lenght in each one is diffrent. I have had both DE and SE 10k's. I will buy SE bulbs from now on. Now turning back for me.
  10. A

Rusty Angel fish ( 1 eye cloudy )

Last night during feeding time I noticed my Rusty Angel fish had a cloudy eye. Looked totally white . First time I have ever had a fish with this. What is it ? How do I treat it ? Everyone else is fine . Water is fine. I only have done two things lately. 1. Did a 45gal water change last...
  11. A

sherman RBTA's

I know ... I know but I need to get on someone's waiting list. Pleaseeeee. anyway post some picks and show them off it's been awhile.
  12. A

calcium reactor help .. again

Okay , I finally ordered my parts from Geo and they shipped them out pretty quick only problem they shorted my 1 item but it was just for back up so no big deal. Okay here's my new dilemma in the picture I posted let me know if I have everything hooked up in the right direction. #1 - is the...
  13. A

calcuim reactor - help needed

I purchased a calcuim reactor and have read and read the directions and instructions but all 3 languages I speak still can't figure out what it is saying to do. So , I was hoping you guys that run reactors can help me understand it alittle bit. So here we go : 1. here is a picture of the...
  14. A

sump noise - need sugestion

I have my plumbing done and cant get over the noise my drain makes to the sump. Any suggestion on how I can make it less of a grand rapids into the sump section ? Here is the section the overflows drain to. It is 2in pvc pipe with a valve to try to control the splashing. excuse the film on the...
  15. A

Would you buy a ASM-G3 for a 180gal ?

I am about to go look at one today and wanted some feed back on this skimmer anyone use or plan to get away from one ? any feedback is appreciated . I really have no clue on skimmers! I've been reading websites and RC and oline pages but still haven't choosen one.