Yes Yes Yes! New 450G is here and in one piece!!!

kwl1763

Premium Member
Super pumped, super pumped, super pumped!

My 450G has arrived at a local warehouse and is in good shape! I hope to move it in this Friday afternoon and evening!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Keith, tankless no more!
In case you haven't read the entire saga do so here

http://tinyurl.com/znas2

clap1.gif
alt="">

clap2.gif
alt="">

drool.gif
alt="">

How painful that you have to sit and look at it for 2 days!

I'm happy to hear that everything is turning out well for you :mrgreen:

Large tanks = the real reason there are restrictions on watering yards during the TX summers.

:lol:

Grunt..... grunt..... huff! huff! .... ermmmmffff! [ pant pant pant ].... unnnnggh!!!.....grunt.... grunt.... ow! .... nnnnnnmmm....grunt.... grunt.....

@Marc wrote:
[I]Grunt..... grunt..... huff! huff! .... ermmmmffff! [ pant pant pant ].... unnnnggh!!!.....grunt.... grunt.... ow! .... nnnnnnmmm....grunt.... grunt.....[/I] said:
Er.... Uh.... Um.... I was gonna make a smart-aleck comment about Marc's comment, but I decided it'd prolly be a bad idea to go there, so I'll just make a comment about the comment I was gonna make and leave it at that.....

:wink:

Awww come on Serk. Some of us are too dingy to read between the lines :p

Gosh ya know I couldn't imagine have a tank that big. LOL swimming pool is right. I bet its gonna be lovely!

Ok here's the deal. I had what I thought was 13 people lined up last Friday. Ended up only 8 showed up. With 8 we could barely budge the thing. I mean literally barely move it so there was no way. I lefty it sitting where it was.

So today was supposed to be moving day (by professional movers) but it has been raining like crazy the last 2 days (and still is) here so the ground is way to soft. It wouldn't be safe to move so I'm trying again for next Friday and we'll see. It's killing me having it so close yet so far.

Keith,

It would seem that you are in the same situation where I was when moving the 560 gal tank. We had 11 show up and we could barely budge the tank as well.

Then we tried getting a professional moving company which they couldn't move it either. I wish you the best of luck in moving your tank. If you were in the DFW area, I would have lend the suctions cups to move the tank.

@kwl1763 wrote:

Well it's most of the way in but not totally!

The dumb moving company only sent 5 people when I told them at least 10! :furious:

Anyway, here are some pics of them getting it where it is now.

Unloading from the truck:

unloadingtruck.jpg
alt="">

Moving it across the yard. The general Idea was to put it on 3 furniture dollies and put plywood down overlapping to go through the yard. The fence has a big opening and that was no issue and fortunatly it was already on it's side so once uncrated it came through the door like butter!

moving.jpg
alt="">

Pic of uncrating right outside the door:

uncrating.jpg
alt="">

Once in the door it was easy to roll into the fish room. I'm not sure why they didn't want to spin it around in the open room but the guy wants to spin it once it's on the stand which is OK but it seems pretty pointless to me.

Resting waiting to go on the stand (backwards)

ready.jpg
alt="">

They are coming back Monday to finish the job!

Are you serious??? Coming back on Monday? What kind of crap is that? Do you need us to fly out there and put it on the stand for you? :D

Looks great. I bet you can't wait to get started.

Congrats!