Yes Yes Yes! New 450G is here and in one piece!!!

yellow.jpg
alt="">

porites.jpg
alt="">

purple1.jpg
alt="">

tricolor2.jpg
alt="">

There are a couple more nice ones but the shots were horrible so tht's all the new coral shots.

Here are the mandatory full tank shots

fullactinic.jpg
alt="">

fulltank.jpg
alt="">

The tank is really rockin along. Pods are everywhere. The frags I put in 6 weeks ago are rockin, the fish are doing well and corralline is starting to grow in a big way on the starboard. Here are some random shots.

Pods!!!!

pods.jpg
alt="">

My copperband Colby

colby2.jpg
alt="">

Frank the magnificent foxface

frank.jpg
alt="">

both (I need to vacuum!)

bothfish.jpg
alt="">

Can you spot the acro crab? This was thw first coral in the tank.

acrocrab.jpg
alt="">

I am absolutely clueless as to how I might have missed this thread for so long! What an incredible tank! What an incredible job of hooking it all up! How are things going with it, buddy???

Well the Regal has been through it. He came down with a bad bacterial infection. I tried treating with Macaryn 2 with no luck and after 5 days switch to normal Macaryn and that worked and he looked OK after 3 days of that. I removed all the meds and put some rock back in and he looks suprisingly good now. He is even starting to eat a little that I can see so I am cautiously optimistic with him.

Here is a snap over the weekend:

regalfront.jpg
alt="">

OK ots of eye candy. I took about 300 pics this weekend and saved about 80 (80 good ones and 220 bad oh well)

I'll probably trickle many of them out on this thread over several days but if you want to click through yourself.

http://kwl1763.com/Reef/Nov_06/

Everything is really rockin in the tank. Stuff is growing great. All the corals are doing well with the exception of the purple montipora above. I mentioned it was in trouble well it slowly died over about a week. I did a 80G water change today. I'm so happy I built that in. It takes like 5 minutes and is so easy!

Coralline is really taking off.

coralline.jpg

Encrusting Nicely!

bluepolyp.jpg
alt="">

greenbottle.jpg
alt="">

tricolortop.jpg
alt="">

All the corals were ordered from livestockusa.org. Great people. You have to order whole boxes is the only catch.

OK update. The tank looks great after 2 weeks alone with only every other day feeding from someone who has no clue about aquariums so that's a huge success.

Nothing major to report. The calcium reactor is rocking and rolling. Levels are real stable at 8 dkH and 425 calcium. My Mg is a little low at about 1100 so I'll get that worked on as soon as I order something else from marine depot or premium. I also going to get some Mg medium to include in the reactor. I used to use doloite in there (about 15% of the media) but it's not easy to find anymore so I'll probably breakdown and order some of the ZeoMag or simular. Corraline is really kicking now and is at least 75% covering the starboard. I still keep scraping the back glass as I think it looks much cleaner and better that way.

Skimmer is kicking butt. I still haven't hooked up the chiller but no need this time of year!

2 things on my project list but no major hurry.

1) RDSB. I'm going to either put a 20G tub full of sand in the top sump or get a trashcan on wheels, fill it 3/4 with sand and then drill a bulkhead and feed it with a maxijet and overflow through the bulkhead back to the lower sump.

2) A clam "holder". I want to make an acrylic container for clams that will fit in a sump. Since I have 2 fish that will potentially nip them (copperband almost certainly will!) I want to make something to display them. I want to make it where I can make it a closed loop with a couple ball valve turns so I can feed the clams but keep some flow. I may make it two sections, One for clams and one as a prop/frag section. I have quite a bit of acrylic laying around so I'll have to think about it.

Other then that onto the eye candy.

Good ole full tank shot.

fulltank.jpg
alt="">

Left Side

leftside.jpg
alt="">

Center

mid.jpg
alt="">

Right

rightside.jpg
alt="">

Here is a pretty cool different kind of reflection shot. This is fro the left side behind the tank looking through the side towards the front.

leftreflec.jpg
alt="">

One through the right side lengthwise.

throughright.jpg
alt="">

Fish Update:

All is well. Everyone is eating great and getting along. Every once in a while the copperband will act like he doesn't like the regal and he'll flare and turn sideways but the regal just looks at him like he's crazy!

So so far there is:

Magnificent foxface
Regal Angel
Copperband Butterfly
2 True Percs
2 Neon Gobies

Some pics:

frankreflect.jpg
alt="">

copperband.jpg
alt="">

copperband2.jpg
alt="">

randy.jpg
alt="">

regal1.jpg
alt="">

Corals.

I'll start with some of the small colonies and then I'll move onto the frags.

bluepolyp.jpg
alt="">

bottle.jpg
alt="">

farrightblue.jpg
alt="">

lfttritop.jpg
alt="">

peachstag.jpg
alt="">

purplfttop.jpg
alt="">

purpencr.jpg
alt="">

purptip2.jpg
alt="">

righttri.jpg
alt="">

And I have a whopping 2 non SPS in the tank.

A suncoral (both orange and black) which is closed here and in the overflow (hence the super dirtyness)!

suncoral.jpg
alt="">

And a nice frogspawn

frogspawn.jpg
alt="">

nice group of fish! Magnificent foxface is one of my favorite fish. Your aquascape reminds me of tcureefer's tank.

Well I visited several reef buddies over the holidays and got a few frags (ok well actually 20 something) They all survived the trip back (14 hours drive time plus an overnight detour to Oklahoma) and are doing great. Here is a sample:

yong.jpg
alt="">

torttop.jpg
alt="">

tenius.jpg
alt="">

purpthickfrag.jpg
alt="">

garfbonz.jpg
alt="">

fragpurp.jpg
alt="">

That's it. As always any suggestions/questions are encouraged!!

Excellent update Keith. Everything looks great. Your foxface has gotten considerably fatter!

I'm just like you regarding cleanliness of the glass. I can't stand coralline-covered glass. I find myself in my tank all the time with a razor blade. :D

Have you lost any of your pieces yet to RTN/STN?

Also, I recall you mentioning earlier that some of the corals were getting lighter and not showing more vivid hues from when you received them. From the pictures, it looks as though your coloration is pretty good. Have you made any changes or noticed any changes?

Lastly, great score on the frags!

@kwl1763 wrote:
As always any suggestions/questions are encouraged!! said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: Question - How do I get introduced to these "Reef Buddies" of yours??? :wink:

Keith,

Your tank looks great! Your water clarity is awesome. I cant seem to get mine to clear up like yours. Whats the trick? Good skimmer and carbon? Keep up the good work.

@TCU Reefer wrote:
Have you lost any of your pieces yet to RTN/STN? Also said:
I lost 2 total one encrusting monti was lost but it was already half dead when arrived and reaked in the bag and was dead within 2 days. Another acro I had didn't look good from day one. I don't know how to describe it but I could just tell. Took about 3 weeks then poof but not to bad!!

For the last month I fed the fish about double what I had been. I fed the corals nightly for about 2 weeks before I left for christmas so between hose 2 things have really colored back up. Only my tricolors are what I would consider "lighter then normal" now

@landon_brim wrote:
Whats the trick? Good skimmer and carbon? said:
If that's a trick then I guess so. :D I run carbon 24/7 changed every two weeks and the monster skimmer 24/7. I have an ozone unit for this bad boy but have never hooked it up my ORP is consistently abouve 400 and the clarity is great so I haven't found the need.

That foxface is so pretty. Actually all the fish are great. Awesome choices. Were you able to find one piece of starboard big enough for the tank or is it multiple pieces?

Angela

The starboard came in a 10' x 4' sheet so I theoretically could have one sheet but with my center braces I had to cut 3 pieces. 2 might have worked but 3 works out as well and actually puts the seams in more conspicous places.