Upcoming coral show

CowtownReefing

Premium Member
I was seeing if anyone is going to the coral farmers show on March 13. I was going to go because its in Fort Worth and close to my house. I was wondering if these shows are good or just expensive corals for sale.

Posted by: @cowtownreefing I was seeing if anyone is going to the coral farmers show on March 13. I was going to go because its in Fort Worth and close to my house. I was wondering if these shows are good or just expensive corals for sale. said:
I plan to be there.  I do most of my buying at the swaps so I really haven't bought much in the last year or so.  Uchin's Coral Fest last February was the last show around here.  I personally like the shows but I enjoy talking to Brandon at Zoanthids.com.   All these are online sellers so expect their prices to be around the prices they list online but you can usually talk them into better deals, especially if buying more than one thing.   Plus you get to see the stuff  in person.   If you want the cheaper stuff then you will have to wait for one of the club frag swaps where local reefers that aren't trying to make a big profit are selling but who knows when that will happen.   That may not be until the last half of the year and then you are looking at working around Aquashella.  I personally like it when they have the VIP access the night before.  Some of the vendors like to drink heavily after setting up and I've gotten some great deals!  I don't even go back the day of the show because I've spent all my money the night before.

Posted by: @cowtownreefing I was seeing if anyone is going to the coral farmers show on March 13. I was going to go because its in Fort Worth and close to my house. I was wondering if these shows are good or just expensive corals for sale. said:
Did you end up going to the show?  What were your thoughts if you did?

I thought it turned out well.  Still most people wearing mask even though it wasn't mandated.  I was disappointed that Zoanthids.com wasn't there.  Other than that I had a good time and spent over my budget.  Dealers were fairly reasonable on pricing for the most part and I got some good deals by paying cash and buying more than 1 coral.