Titus's 110 in-wall

Well I watched her for about 5 hours or so today before heading out for beers with Howard. It got pretty dicey for a bit when the lights came on, but things calmed down some after I stuck a nylon rod in the tank and gave the Tang a few love taps when she got out of hand. She would still go over and harass her every once in a while, but wasn't causing any injury from what i could tell. The Flame also didn't loose her spirit, as she would venture out from her end of the tank a few times an hour (only to be walked back down by the butterfly, or chased down by the Tang). When I got home, the lights were out and I freaked out at first as I could not find her. I finally realized she had found a way to squirm inside a hallow pukani rock. There is no way the others can get to her in there, so she should be able to rest tonight.
@K_Red_Raider wrote:
Just tell her that you are keeping a fight from happening and it should be ok. By the way how big is that pipe in the QT...just trying to judge how big the Flame is said:
LOL... I believe the PVC is a 4 inch wye. She is pretty small... probably a hair under 2" long. The tang is about 4" long, and the butterfly is 4" long and 6" tall.

24 hours in, I think I can call it a success. The Flame angel has learned several nooks in the rocks that she can not be followed in to, giving her enough confidence to frequently explore the whole tank. The tang still chases her if she gets too close, but she just shoots into the nearest rock and the Tang almost immediately looses interest.

Christie at home in the DT.
20130107212619.jpg
alt="">

A happy growing family.
20130107211944.jpg
alt="">

Spock poses for the camera.
20130107212500.jpg
alt="">

Last night I added a blood shrimp to the tank. I happened to be looking at the tank trying to find him this morning when the lights came on. Unfortunately, the Butterfly spotted him about the same time I did, and assumed I had gotten him a gourmet treat. The butterfly gave it a few hard pecks before I could get my hand in the tank to scare him off. The shrimp managed to scurry deep inside one of the pukani rocks. I can just barely see a speck of red and part of a white feeler deep inside the rock. The butterfly sees him too, and has spent most of the day circling the rock. I think he has been watching too many Jaws movies. [smilie=crying.gif]

Tasty treat you give your fish. Kinda expensive for my blood though.....
Sorry to hear that. I hate it when fish don't listen to me.

Thankfully Spock the Butterfly fish has lost interest in Mike the Blood Shrimp. Mike has learned to navigate the interior of his Pukani Castle, and has found a crevice that gets a nice current of mysis past it's opening during feeding time. As soon has he smells food, he moves to the opening and waits, pouncing on the first bit of food to flow by him.

20130116122856.jpg
alt="">

@Badbrad8500 wrote:
Lol said:
No longer needed, as he is now an accepted member of the family. The butterfly and the tang each stop buy for a cleaning frequently. I have spotted Mike actually climbing up on Spoc's head to clean him several times, but it is always over by the time I get the camera on.

@hoopsdaddy wrote:
That's cool. Glad everything is working out. What ya got in the QT right now? said:
Nothing... I am kinda experiencing a little decision paralysis. I have decided against most of the remaining fish on my original list, except for the yellow tang. New fish creeping on to my list include a trio of flame wrasses and a majestic angel.

I would stay away from the Majestic. They get pretty big. The trio sounds great. Can't go wrong with flame or flasher wrasses for the most part. You might look at some of the awesome butterfly fish that many of us cant keep as well. Some very stunning fish in that category.

@hoopsdaddy wrote:
I would stay away from the Majestic. They get pretty big. said:
I have actually done a fair bit of research, and it seems that all of the size warnings I found came from people that had never actually owned one. The first hand accounts I found described a slow growing fish that does not get nearly as large as the other popular fish from the Pomacanthus genus. For example, one owner stated that he had purchased his at 2", and after 4 year it had grown to 5" in length. An article on them in The Advanced Aquarist states "The Majestic Angelfish is one of the smaller species of the genus and reaches a maximum adult size of approximately 10 inches. It rarely attains this size in the aquarium and is a slow grower".

But with that said, I am focused in on the flame wrasses first, and plan to give the Majestic more thought before jumping in.

I would say the largest Majestic I have seen in the aquarium hobby, not in a public aquarium, is probably 7"-8". IMHO, that would be just a little tight in this tank. I would agree that they grow fairly slow though. Like I said, just my opinion. It is one beautiful fish though and as much work as you seem to put into keeping your tank clean and in top shape this fish might do very well.
Where are you looking to try and find the wrasses at?

Check with Rodney for the fish you want, he treats all the fish he get's and makes sure they are eating before selling them.

Cheers,