Titus and Jamie's 20g Clown tank build

@Titus wrote:
Yep said:
I understand. Sometimes things just dont work out well when not planned to the max. My 10g sump is a very very tight fit in the stand but then again, I did not build the stand. I am seriously thinking about buillding slightly larger stand for more space. I really dont have much space for all the equipment inside the stand (ie surge protecter, ato, controllers).

I've been doing a ton of research and I have my mind set at 99% for this skimmer http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCA-301-Protein-Skimmer-for-salt-water-fish-tanks-up-to-65-gallons-/140828976307?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20ca0fa4b3. It's a clone of the bubble magus and have tons of good reviews for it. It's quiet and seems to fit perfectly in the area that I have reserved for it's foot print. It's a bit tall but I have enough room. Will be making a purchase very soon. I don't think that price can be beaten.

P.S. My tank is finally wet and will be making a build log asap here and nano-reef and reefcentral ;) Very excited.

Small updates...

ATO- I got an Aquahub ATO kit and an aqualifter in the mail yesterday. I got it all assembled last night and it was a little more involved than I expected. I haven't actually installed it, as I am still deciding where I want to mount the project box and pump. I also have a BRS space-saver jug that I picked up in the last group buy that will act as the ATO reservoir.

Lighting- I ordered new bulbs last week to replace the cheap ones that came with the light fixture. I ordered 2 ATI Blue+, 1 ATI Aquablue special, and 1 ATI Coral+. I was informed that the Coral+ was out of stock, but the others arrived yesterday. I went ahead and installed the 2 Blue+, but will wait for the Coral+ to get here before installing the Aquablue. They share a ballast so It seemed to make sense to install them together.

The back-ordered ATI Coral + arrived today and has been installed. From front to back, I now have B+,C+,AB, B+. I like it, but I was expecting it to be a little more blue. It is more blue than the stock bulb combo was, but I was thinking it would even more so. I took some pictures, but they are just phone pics. It seems that setting the white balance to "cloudy" is the closest to what it actually looks like.

Full Tank shot
20121128145408.jpg
alt="">

Spending some time in the shade
20121128144748.jpg
alt="">

One of the hermit crabs checking out a candy cane given to me by MBSL55.
20121128144827.jpg
alt="">

Guarding a candy cane frag given to me by mmiller40.
20121128144713.jpg
alt="">

I may be off track here but i bet it is due to the coral + cuz when I put it on my tank it made gave it a more white look so I took that bulb off. Like I said I may be wrong I will have to look at my bulbs when I get home tomorrow and let you know if I am wrong.

I forgot to update here... Last weekend I moved the peppermint shrimp and 20 dwarf ceriths from the invert QT into the tank. They all seem to be doing well.

Yesterday I picked up a small GBTA from Waterbeing and acclimated him to the tank last night. He spent about 12 hours roaming the tank, and he seems to have stopped in the worst possible spot. I even said to myself last night, "I will be happy as long as he doesn't choose the back of that rock". [smilie=sadsmile.gif]
201301161418031.jpg
alt="">

Chances are it won't stay there. Some of them tend to move quite a bit, especially early on. Seems like they are exploring before finding a good spot.

@shse666 wrote:
Chances are it won't stay there. Some of them tend to move quite a bit said:
I hope he moves a little more, and settles into a better viewing spot. It was fun watching him move. Using the old FTS below for reference, I placed in on the front side of the rocks on the right. He moved around the right side, then along the back of the rocks all the way to the left back. From there, he began retracing his steps, finally stopping on the back side of the right rock tower. He has not moved anymore for the last 6 hrs. He is 100% hidden from view when the tank is viewed straight on.

20121128145408.jpg
alt="">

Well it took almost 2 weeks, but the GBTA seems to have stopped moving around. Not the best spot, but at-least visible. I think he looks happy but what do I know!
20130131165721.jpg
alt="">

The male clown has been spending several hours each day in and around the anemone for the last 3 or 4 days, but I have yet to spot the female venturing in.
20130131171936.jpg
alt="">

It's been a while since I have updated this thread so here goes. About a month ago the tank broke out with a bad case of the dinos. It is my fault, because I had neglected to change the GFO and chemipure bags in over 4 months. Since then, I put in a new bag of chemipure, have changed out the GFO weekly, did 3 days of darkness, cut back on feeding, and have done multiple 50% water changes. The Dinos seem to be all gone, but now some cyano is back. For now I plan on continuing to change the GFO weekly along with 20% weekly water changes and hopefully I can gain back control.

The GBTA hasn't had bubble tips since the first month it went in the tank, but is does look really happy... here is a pic from today:

p56a.jpg
alt="">