Thinking of doing a frag tank

bjbockemehl

Membership Expired
I have decided to not do anymore fresh water tanks and do only saltwater/reef tanks. So i have sold my 60G African Cichlid tank however, I did not sell my sump with it. I am thinking of turning the sump into a frag tank. That way I can build up stock for my next reef tank (thinking of a 100 or 120 gallon).[attachment=0]BRIAN.jpg[/attachment] This is the sump that I built for the 60G that was sold. The right section is 19" x 8.25". This will be the frag section. I am planning on drilling the back and having water flow from the left section (where the filtration will be) to the tower on the right. Plan on filling the tower with rock rubble and putting a small (maybe .75 inch) sand bed in the frag section. I know this wont be the prettiest of frag tanks but what the hell I got it why not convert it.

Have never done anything like this so any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

[attachment=0]20160201_114249.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]20160220_164349.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]20160325_112539.jpg[/attachment]

Thats kinda a cool idea...make your own little All-In-One tank. You could probably add a few more baffles on the left side for different filtration or refugium or whatever you wanted to do. Keep us posted. Would like to see what it looks like up and running.

Well I picked up some acrylic to add a baffle for a refugium. Thanks for the idea jenkinscrew. Now just got to wait for the weld-on to get here so I can install it. I'm probably going to use the rest on the acrylic to make some brackets to raise the light up a little bit.

I would like some lighting input for this. I am not going to use my current lighting setup on this. I am wanting to use a strip style light such as a Orbit Marine. Can anyone give me suggestions on a few of these style lights.

47844f4812861d938c1cd55dc551858e.jpg
alt=""> Added the fuge section