Thinking about ridding my tank of all SPS.

I understand your frustration. I am in the same boat as you but not going to give up. I'll get there some days. Anyway, if you can afford with chalice collection then do it. By the way, whenever you decide to sell yor sps. Please let me know. I would love to buy them from you.
Thanks,
Ken

definitely can be frustrating and one of the reasons i like a good mixed reef. there are other nice, bright corals you could mix with chalices too ya know.

Im actually thinking of making my next tank mostly lps for some of those reasons (not a baby though... :D ). Plus every time people come over they always seem to like the "soft tentacles" and "waving with the flow" of all the lps

I hate to hear that! I understand completely, but man I love your tank and the corals I've got from you are gorgeous and doing well. I'm sure you could do some trading and get plenty of very nice chalices though.

@TCUguy wrote:
Im actually thinking of making my next tank mostly lps for some of those reasons (not a baby though... :D ). Plus every time people come over they always seem to like the "soft tentacles" and "waving with the flow" of all the lps said:
lol all my friends like the waving things I also get the "O look its a crab" in my head im like do u not see the purpple tank and the candy apple reds lol!!!!

I'm right there with you. Everyone who looks at my tank likes the duncan the most. I'm like really!!! The duncan! Look at this dendro! This thing is so hard to keep and look how well it's doing in my tank! And look at the $100 open brain coral that my clown fish has decided to host in? Nope... you don't care because the coral banded shrimp has long arms? Fine! Ignore the LE zoas, mini-maxi anemone and SPS... see if I care! Hahaha.

Chalice corals are my favorite but 100% would be sort of boring. I think you later miss your sps. You might have some kind of pest on you acros if your having so much problem with them. If your ever in the Arlington area stop by and check out my tank its mainly chalice and sps. I added a hammer coral the other day and the tank looks more complete with it.

I just saw your post... I am thinking the same thing! I have had my tank up for 8 years(almost) and have always had trouble with sps... I will get one to grow great for a bit then it just dies... drives me nuts... on the other hand all my LPS seem to do fine... I am with you... getting out of the sps... BTW I do have one milli I cant seem to kill... does great!