thereeferboss 250G tank.

TheReeferBoss

Membership Expired
Hello, my name is Luis and I live in Red Oak Tx, I decided to start up the building log since I didn't want to wait longer and had a bunch of info to put in lol. Im currently setting up a 250g tank that i got from a former DWFMAS member, I purchased the tank and a few other items from him.

-250G RR tank built by former owner of Oceanic while operating as Dallas Aquarium and Pond 72.5x30x27.5 has 3 holes in each overflow drains/return
-75G DIY sump
-Custom made LED'S fixture
-ATB 10.5 Deluxe skimmer
-MP40
-Vertex Puratek Deluxe 200 GPD RO/DI SYSTEM

Livestock

-147LBS of tonga rock
-8LBS of Fiji rock in the sump.

The tank's BDAY is on April 6th 2013 it turns 23 days today, I got it running the first few days that I got it. I been letting it cycle slow and had not had the urge to try to speed up the cycle. I been trying to get a few things for the tank while is cycling, the first week I got 1XMP40WES which is a little expensive and will get a second one soon. I order one of the WP40's on the group buy which I'm glad I did now, I should of oder 2 but oh well lets see how the one I got works. I don't have much to say besides that I'm very excited about the tank which I plan on making it a mixed tank, but for the moment I want to start with a few softies and move up the latter until I get my new lights and accessories lined up. Im already getting some SPS and LPS that I have in my smaller tank lol.

alt="">

alt="">

alt="">

alt="">

@TexasPyro wrote:
Looks good Luis! Gotta Say that I love the custom lcd mounted inside the tank!! [smilie=clapping.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif] said:
lol thats just the reflection of the tank is for livestocks entertainment. lolol

@cabi wrote:
Looks great!! Good to know someone from my neighborhood I live in ferris on ovilla rd. said:
Oh hey CABI I'm super excited that you live around here since you don't have too many reefers arounds this areas lol, user eric81 told me he lives on ovilla as well, where on ovilla do you live? I live here on sunflower st in front of ace hardware you are welcome to come by at any time. What kind of tank do you have?

i guess my first question is what type of controller should I get I never had a tank big enough to get a controller so if yall can give me some ideas would be great, I been looking into APEX controllers but not done enough homework yet. thats the next thing im getting

Looking forward meeting you!! I live in front of the baptist church in ferris.. I just set up a new tank it's a 90g rimless tank,you are more than welcome to come and check it out.. About the controller I have a ac3 control I like it but if I had a chance to upgrade to an apex I would...

If money is no object look at profilux then full apex. I had a profilux and I liked it over my apex.

@kuyatwo wrote:
If money is no object look at profilux then full apex. I had a profilux and I liked it over my apex. said:
Thanks kuyatwo I will be doing some research on that controller, which iPhone app is more friendly the apex or the profilux?

@K_Red_Raider wrote:
in my opinion the Apex is the best controller that you can get. it has unlimited capabilities and uses. said:
I been looking at those apex controllers as well which controller is the newest model?

After a long 30+ day cycle I'm about to test my water parameters and if they are stable I will heading out and get my first fish for the tank wish me luck lol.

Tank that big get 5 or so green chromis. They may school and add a good load to your tank and if its not ready then some may die but you won't be out expensive fish.

@pjracer wrote:
Tank that big get 5 or so green chromis. They may school and add a good load to your tank and if its not ready then some may die but you won't be out expensive fish. said:
Thanks pjracer that's what I don't want for them to die, and yes I've always loved a school of green chromis.

Water parameters as of Cinco de Mayo 2013

Ammonia 0.0
Nitrate. 0.2
Nitrite. 0.0
Ph. 8.2

Tank running for 30 days to be exact.

So I added 6 chromis to the tank yesterday and they are doing fine for the first 24hours, I have a question about clownfish which I think is going to be the second type of fish I will acquire, what type of clownfish will get along and live in harmony as a group? I don't want to get some that will fight with each other. Thanks for the input.

I'm finally done with my LR I manage to get 344 lbs in the tank, I worked on the aquascaping last night and I'm somewhat satisfied on how it looks, a few pieces that I still have to move. if you have any advice please feel free to tell me. I'm sure the tank is gonna go thru a mini cycle again since I added almost 200lbs in the past few days.
6agasemy.jpg
alt="">
ema4e2a6.jpg
alt="">
py6e5a9u.jpg
alt="">
e2yrutyp.jpg
alt="">

You need mp40 power cord sticker holder? I have a bag full of them I can mail you a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk