Tearing Down the 270...

Drew

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
After a few months of deliberation, I've decided to tear down my 270. The good news is, I'm going to be making frags of almost all the corals I have, and I'll be re-using the liverock. I'll also be rebuilding the tank back with a different setup and some rock that I've had in the fuge for a while. I'll try and take some pics to document what I'm doing.
The main reason for doing this are the majanos I've been fighting the last couple months have really started to get out of control and lessoned my enjoyment of the tank. I also have a couple fish and corals I want to get out, and taking the whole thing down seems like the best option. Hopefully, it will all go smoothly. [smilie=smile.gif]

Wow.....what an undertaking. Shout if you need any help.....

What are your plans for the new tank?

Not sure what design I'm going to do just yet. Maybe two islands with a lot of sand showing in the middle and sides.
The lights will be changed next. Looking at an LED setup.

I really enjoy the two islands. Even though I have since removed them.

Sounds like you need a spot for corals to be hidden, and room for a pair of stingrays or a shark in the middle [smilie=surprised.gif]

Thats what I keep saying David! I was trying to tell him he needs to upgrade while he is at it but not happening

http://www.marcorocks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=105&HS=1 [smilie=wink.gif]

Will work for frags. [smilie=smile.gif] I am doing some over hauling my self. I too have some mojanos that I hate. I bought a file fish and then it turned on me and got a taste for corals. He didn't totally eradicate the mojanos either. Keep me notified for the frags and if you need an extra pair of hands.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions and offers here and via pm. Right now, I'm starting slow and will probably do a little at a time over the next week, then wrap it all up with a bang sometime next week. Football season, baseball playoffs, soccer wrapping up, and the mother of all hockey starting, really isn't going to help move things along. [smilie=lol.gif]

I was actually thinking more of a roman style with large white columns.