Tank is getting hot A/C not working

Is there anybody around the 35w and 820 (N .Ft Worth) that can come fix this for me.
PLEASE I beg of you.
My tank is up to 83 deg. and its only 6 am.

STEVE
817-239-7152

I've heard of people putting ice in sealed bags and then using that to cool down their tank. Something you might try if it's an emergency but be sure the bag is sealed.

IMO, I would also turn off everything in the tank except some powerheads and the fans.

i've did the "float some bags of ice" thing in the tank when my AC went out. Just watch out for dramatic temp swings and use multiple small bags. It'll be easier to take out of your tank as it will melt quickly.

i had my a/c go out one day and i was putting bags of ice and frozen foods in my tank to keep the temp down, it worked for me.

i keep two packs of these in the freezer at all times. handy things.

http://www.icycools.com/index.php/reusable-ice/reusable-ice-cubes-45-2-x-2-clear-cubes.html

The fan should keep the water temp around 82. As a last ditch effort, you could even go buy dry ice. Don't put it into the water as your pH will crash. If you can secure a big pot in your sump with the lip of the pot above the water line, you can put the dry ice into it, it will chill the metal and cool down the tank. The metal shouldn't harm your tank for one day for emergency use and you won't have to worry about pH changes. Plastic will not have the same chilling effect and could break/crack.

Thank you all it is now fixed. :}
All the little tricks worked.
Thanks for the offer bobby i sure would have taken you up on it if you were in town.
FRY HVAC (Chris the owner came out all his other techs were on calls.
Total 225.00
Cost of cool air priceless

I had Chris at Fry HVAC out at my place last weekend. Those guys will bend over backwards for you and shoot straight. It was quite a relief after having just dealt with some really bad contractors.

We should sticky his name and number during the summer months. I paid $600 for what i know was less then a $100 part and some freon.

There is a thread for Member Services within the member's only forum. That would be a great place for him to post if he is a member. Here is the link: Member Services It is under "What can I do for you."

Sorry to say he is not a saltwater person.
But he is very trust worthy person and i would not hesitate to have my friends use him.
So someone else on this board does not get taken advange of like Steve ss95003!

I wouldnt say taken advantage of.

Part cost + plus mark up + labor

And then the going rate for freon seems to be 130 a lb, plus the service call charge.

And depending on the part, he may have had to do some recapture of left over freon in the system. HVAC is just expensive, no way around it unless you are HVAC certified and have your EPA certs.

Well the trip charge, cost of cap. cleaning of coils and checking the system pres. and telling me all was ok and i did not need a charge was only 225.00!
a whole lot less that 600.00 for about the same amount of work. less the freon which had to be on heck of a low system cause mine holds 6.3 lbs empty
for my 3000ft home.

I had Chris at FRY HVAC come out for a summer tune up and cleaning. Turns out I needed 1lb of R22 freon or so, total for me was $99. Once again, I echo Steve's comments, and would recommend them to anyone that needs a trustworthy contractor in FTW.