Tank Conversion help needed

jnagator

Premium Member
Hello,
I have a 150 gallon tank that I have been using for cichlids for years. I want to convert it to saltwater - reef and fish.
Questions I have or need recommendations are for lighting, skimmer, wave generators and other stuff.

My tank is 72"x18"x28" and I have a mag12 pump with a Sealife Premier 200 wet/dry sump. The tank has two overflows and returns.
I would like to keep the canopy so been looking at LED lights from AI Vega with a 72" rail on top. For skimmers I am looking at the
super space saver Octopus 200 internal skimmer.

Thanks for your advice

Switch you wet dry to the biggest refugium/sump you can fit under it....

~introducing fish and coral into a electronically balanced body of water since 2007~

yeah i would lose the wet dry or if your not wanting to spend the money for a sump convert it to be used as a sump.thats waht i did when i first started into the saltwater world. just take out the bioballs and make some baffles for it. if you need help let me know and i can see what i can do for you. also you want to either get a taller canopy or go without one on there. It looks as though the lights maybe to close to the water line. Or you can make cutouts to put the leds above the canopy. i would go topless to help with oxygenating the tank. LMK if this helps and post up if you have anymore questions

Thanks for the responses...It looks like I need 3 AI VEGAs and I am planning to cut 3 cutouts off the top of my canopy- I should have about 6-7 inches clearance from waterline.

From the replies I need to make the wet/dry sump into a refugium and remove the bio balls. I will keep my project updated for you all...Thx