Sump question

Okay so I am getting rid of canister filters on my 90gallon and will be using a sump.

My question is that I plan on using an old 20g tank as the sump

This tank I had set up as a quarantine/hospital tank, my question is that I used clout in it a few times and the silicone on it has been stained blue will this leach into my tank and kill my inverts (corals, snails, etcs) is this safe to use a sump or should I not Risk it?

Have you ever used any copper based medicines in it? It will soak into the silicone and leach out over time. Petco does have $1 per gallon sale coming up soon. I just got in today, 3 pallets of aquariums.

x2 on the Petco suggestion. If there's any question about whether or not it's safe to use I'd just spend the $20 and have a brand new tank.

@digital_gods wrote:
Have you ever used any copper based medicines in it? It will soak into the silicone and leach out over time. Petco does have $1 per gallon sale coming up soon. I just got in today said:
I called petco a couple weeks ago, and was told that it would be 2, or 3 months.

Can any of those tanks be drilled any more? Do you ever have something like 30X18X12 tall?

I never ran copper, I would rather clout then copper for ich, as far as petco goes they no longer get my business

I filled it with water and I have some cheap little freshwater snails in there so far they are alive so I will wait and see....

another question, is it possible to plumb two seperate sumps (one for filtration and a fuge) from one overflow? how hard is this?